unfair treatment

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
The question is was he running a 12 hour pull or taking 12 hours to do what others do in 9.5. All drivers tell their wives how hard they work, even if the rest of us may not agree.

morgahorse

Not to sound a bit cynical, but is it possible that this driver is already working 9.5 and doing an extra stop on the way home?
:funny::devil3:

DS

Fenderbender
The question is was he running a 12 hour pull or taking 12 hours to do what others do in 9.5. All drivers tell their wives how hard they work, even if the rest of us may not agree.

It does seem odd,maybe he is stopping somewhere on the way home,maybe they hate him so much they are trying to make him quit.
We may never know,Personally I felt that wifey came here in good faith looking for advice and we hurt her feelings:sad-very:

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
it could be that he was making one last stop every day. but i kinda doubt it.

it sounds more like a trash run where the route goes out with 11 hours a day.

what i dont get is why would he not get off of it. more ways than bid to do that.

as for hurting her feelings, maybe so. but ups is not a place for people that are that sensitive. so, sorry if what i said hurt her feelings. but for the most part, it was right on the money. somewhere, there was a lot of non truths between her and her husband,

d

The Milkman

Just curious when your husband is on vacation for 2 weeks or so, how the cover drivers who may not have the knowledge your husband does, Do they lighten the stop counts or do the fill ins work longer??? You would think someone who fills in would need more time to do the rte. If I was dumped on as your husband I would certainly send Ups a message by my actions of maybe working 15 hours and see how long that would last. I would think he would run out of hours real quick. I would not stand for the O/T thrown on me. Again you have to send a message that they understand and if it means coming in at midnight then he has to Man-up and make his point. No job is worth the risk of injury especially after many long days.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Just curious when your husband is on vacation for 2 weeks or so, how the cover drivers who may not have the knowledge your husband does, Do they lighten the stop counts or do the fill ins work longer??? You would think someone who fills in would need more time to do the rte. If I was dumped on as your husband I would certainly send Ups a message by my actions of maybe working 15 hours and see how long that would last. I would think he would run out of hours real quick. I would not stand for the O/T thrown on me. Again you have to send a message that they understand and if it means coming in at midnight then he has to Man-up and make his point. No job is worth the risk of injury especially after many long days.
Generally speaking, they usually do not pull any work off a rte to help a cover driver. This is not always the case though. It really depends on the ctr sup.

The Milkman

Generally speaking, they usually do not pull any work off a rte to help a cover driver. This is not always the case though. It really depends on the ctr sup.

If a cover driver takes alot longer to do the rte maybe he needs it to be adjusted. Whenever I filled in I never came in any sooner in most cases than the senior drivers. If it is indeed a 12 hour dispatch than he has a right to ask for releif if he really wants to have a lighter dispatch. Just my thinking as I would not like to be in a peak mode year round:whiteflag:

If a cover driver takes alot longer to do the rte maybe he needs it to be adjusted. Whenever I filled in I never came in any sooner in most cases than the senior drivers. If it is indeed a 12 hour dispatch than he has a right to ask for releif if he really wants to have a lighter dispatch. Just my thinking as I would not like to be in a peak mode year round:whiteflag:
Dispatch is what amount of time UPS says the rte should be done in and as most of us know, the numbers used to make that determination are often incorrect. The time most other drivers complete the rte is more reliant, yet not a dyed in the wool truth either.

The Milkman

Dispatch is what amount of time UPS says the rte should be done in and as most of us know, the numbers used to make that determination are often incorrect. The time most other drivers complete the rte is more reliant, yet not a dyed in the wool truth either.

This guy sounds overdispatced and if he is back at the ctr everyday 2 hrs after everyone is gone then I would think he would if he wants.....A lighter load..When I was a rookie I saw how I was dumped on and over the yrs I saw many late rtes and the drivers moaned and groaned although many just sucked it up. Personally Peaks were enough for me once a year

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I agree with you but more often than not that is not how they look at it. And I can tell you from experience that is not how it is done in my ctr.

The Milkman

I agree with you but more often than not that is not how they look at it. And I can tell you from experience that is not how it is done in my ctr.

I would not like to be the cover for that rte and yes if the driver does not complain or protest they will keep the pressure on until he reaches his breaking point. Again like you said every ctr is different.

hdkappler

Everyone in my husbands center gets their standard 9.5 hours day. My husband gets 12 hour days. They've even had to call and get it approved for him to work over 12 hours.
Someone else loads his truck and they mix everything together. No sorting involved.
Is there some kind of "unfair" treatment complaint? I understand that there are days that will be bigger than others, but this happening all of the time. He has quite a few drivers under him, seniority wise, that are all getting 9.5 hour days. He just happens to have the route that everyone dumps on.

He's worked for UPS for 12 years, and this is the worst it's ever been.
tell him to file a 9.5.just be lucky he has a job?i know people that work 2 jobs.and don't make half as much as he does.