Uniform Query

Carruthers

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and I'm wondering what the fabric content is for the UPS shirts and shorts/pants. They look really comfortable. Are they? Also, who makes the uniforms?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Welcome to the Brown Cafe.
My UPS Shorts made by Twin Hill in China list the fabric content as 65% polyester and 35% cotton. They are a much inferior quality than what Ga. Rivers used to make. Carruthers, you don't know a member named Subways, do you?:surprised:

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
As near as I can tell, the Twin Hill uniforms are stitched together by a 9- year-old in a Chinese sweatshop, using recycled dental floss for thread.

Cementups

Box Monkey
They look really comfortable. Are they?

I think being comfortable really depends on the weather that day. if it's hot and sticky the poly-blend can be the most uncomfortable thing to wear. It will grab at your legs when you are getting in and out of the driver's deat. And the sleeves on the shirts will gra at your biceps in the same manner. I always get pimples around y arm where the shirt grabs in the humid parts of summer.

And the uniforms are more comfortable the more they are worn and washed.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
It doesnt matter how hot and humid it gets, I always wear a baggy, 100% cotton t-shirt under my uniform shirt. I cannot abide the feeling of polyester on my skin.

New Englander

In all honesty.....I have been using the new longer shorts. The are much more comfortable. You no longer have the bare skin on the back of your legs rubbing on the dirty seat cushion.

I won't wear the normal ones anymore after switching over..

CRASH501

where are you getting 100% cotton uniforms? Mine feel like a rayon leisure suit from 1977.

Well when thet were from ga rivers they were great now they suck ..........i was breaking out bad on my legs when i went to the dermatologist she asked what my daily wear was .. I told her i was a ups driver and our uniforms were a 65/35 poly/cotton blend , i was then told that i have an allergy to polyester and to reqeust cotton uniforms . Well after a long heated dispute with the labor relations @#$%heads i contacted ga rivers on my own and found out the procedure for requesting cotton uniforms. I then spoke to my center manager who put me online to order my uniforms , 4 days later the delivery arrived. In the colder months i can wear the poly unifors as it is a heat related issue....

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Well when thet were from ga rivers they were great now they suck ..........i was breaking out bad on my legs when i went to the dermatologist she asked what my daily wear was .. I told her i was a ups driver and our uniforms were a 65/35 poly/cotton blend , i was then told that i have an allergy to polyester and to reqeust cotton uniforms . Well after a long heated dispute with the labor relations @#$%heads i contacted ga rivers on my own and found out the procedure for requesting cotton uniforms. I then spoke to my center manager who put me online to order my uniforms , 4 days later the delivery arrived. In the colder months i can wear the poly unifors as it is a heat related issue....

Very good solution. I'm in South Florida and wear the crap everyone else has. I wear a white T-shirt under my shirt all year round, which seems to help a little. No other real problems, except for the fact that my quads are huge from riding and I have to wear a bigger waist to accomodate them.

chev

Nightcrawler
Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and I'm wondering what the fabric content is for the UPS shirts and shorts/pants. They look really comfortable. Are they? Also, who makes the uniforms?
:sad-very: My honest opinion is that they suck. It's so fun getting in and out of a truck when the crotch is 6 inches too long. They changed our uniform company last year and everyone complains about how tight they are. You have to order at least one size up from what you usually wear. The one good thing is the shirts dry quickly.

Ours come from Cintas