Union busting: Could we be replaced?

Thebrownblob

Interesting. You don't recognize bullying(while doing it). Not surprised you didn't see a threat. Read his statement again. Its falls in line with slingshots and body slams and all the other threats here. Dude......this "What?" "Who me?" routine is just intellectually dishonest. Other folks read this stuff. Lot's way smarter than you think you are.

BTW when this is stated:

It's a threat.

Try this:

Say that at work in front of mgt. A big group of people. Now, tell us more.
No I didn’t see a threat on the first post, I did however see a warning on the second post out of concern for you and your safety no bullying at all, if I warn my kids about a certain area or being out at a certain time is that threatening or bullying? it’s not wise to cross a picket line for a number of reasons.

You do realize there’s many things not said in front of certain company on both sides? How have you been here 40 years and been this lost?

Last edited:

qdg2

We’re not :censored2:ed, the company would be. Maybe you’ve been sitting in the cab of the truck turn off a lot but there are not Enough replacement Workers even now at top scale. Doesn’t mean I think we’re necessarily going on strike but I’m certainly not going to fold like a coward before I even know what’s happening.
I KNOW there aren't enough replacement workers.....not yet.

Now, I don't know what losing $2.5k A WEEK means but pretty sure most(nearly all) would say that qualifies as being friend'd.

I agree it would hurt the company badly......as well as us. A circular firing squad......

Not voting to strike is hardly folding. I didn't say I would vote for anything or nothing(contractually). I said I wouldn't vote to strike.

Being stupid is not a virtue. Your personal attack doesn't change good business practices(settling this while working and promoting our business(ie keeping our jobs).

Thebrownblob

I KNOW there aren't enough replacement workers.....not yet.

Now, I don't know what losing $2.5k A WEEK means but pretty sure most(nearly all) would say that qualifies as being friend'd.

I agree it would hurt the company badly......as well as us. A circular firing squad......

Not voting to strike is hardly folding. I didn't say I would vote for anything or nothing(contractually). I said I wouldn't vote to strike.

Being stupid is not a virtue. Your personal attack doesn't change good business practices(settling this while working and promoting our business(ie keeping our jobs).
Again you’ve decided not to vote for a strike before you even know what the issues and the disagreements are, that is being stupid. Perhaps when the time comes I will agree with you. Until then I’m not going to be stupid and jump to conclusions. I would also say in 1997 many of my brothers and sisters went on strike to help me as a part-time or become full-time. There were other issues as well of course that they were not straightforward but this is a union and we are supposed to be together as much as possible.

qdg2

No I didn’t see a threat on the first post, I did however see a warning on the second post out of concern for you and your safety no bullying at all, if I want my kids about a certain area or being out at a certain time is that threatening or bullying? it’s not wise to cross a picket line for a number of reasons.

You do realize there’s many things not said in front of certain company on both sides? How have you been here 40 years and been this lost?
I realize your answer is the same circumventing and acting like something else is happening.

You posture and tough guy here(BC)......yet, wouldn't say it to someone's in person face.....huh?

Plain threats....come on.

40 years allows me to recognize chicken poop.......

qdg2

I would say hundreds more people care what he has to say then what you have to say if that’s the road you want to go down. But that’s not what we’re really talking about here.
It's not a contest. I agree.

Say, you think he needs your pathetic help? Wow. What does that say? OMG.

I will say, lot's of veteran UPS'ers out there that are wanting this contract to be smoothly and without interruption....ratified.

Thebrownblob

I realize your answer is the same circumventing and acting like something else is happening.

You posture and tough guy here(BC)......yet, wouldn't say it to someone's in person face.....huh?

Plain threats....come on.

40 years allows me to recognize chicken poop.......
Why are you bullying me when I was having a conversation with you?

The company says many things to each other they would never say to us and vice versa what’s your point?

And stating you Will under no circumstances vote for a strike is just as silly as those who are already saying they’re going to vote no on the contract they have not seen yet.

Taking away the ability for the union strike ensures you will never receive a good contract because it’s our most valuable tool in our chest.

Thebrownblob

It's not a contest. I agree.

Say, you think he needs your pathetic help? Wow. What does that say? OMG.

I will say, lot's of veteran UPS'ers out there that are wanting this contract to be smoothly and without interruption....ratified.
So my help is pathetic? Why are you allowed to post such vile things about people and bully people? For the record I was offering both of you help.

Say for the record I do also want this contract to be ratified smoothly and I’m working diligently to make it happen what are you doing other than saying you’re going to take a very valuable tool away from the union in order to ensure that? Out of pure greed and selfishness.

qdg2

Again you’ve decided not to vote for a strike before you even know what the issues and the disagreements are, that is being stupid. Perhaps when the time comes I will agree with you. Until then I’m not going to be stupid and jump to conclusions. I would also say in 1997 many of my brothers and sisters went on strike to help me as a part-time or become full-time. There were other issues as well of course that they were not straightforward but this is a union and we are supposed to be together as much as possible.
I will not strike for any reason. If the company wants us to strike....it's to break us. It'll all be over anyway.

Could give a crap if you EVER agree with me.

Being "together" just to be "together" is stupid. Every job, every classification has their issues. If you don't think each individual is looking out for their neck first....you are the epitome of naive...if not clueless. No? See what happens when someone's seniority is infringed......#1 man.

qdg2

So my help is pathetic? Why are you allowed to post such vile things about people and bully people? For the record I was offering both of you help.

Say for the record I do also want this contract to be ratified smoothly and I’m working diligently to make it happen what are you doing other than saying you’re going to take a very valuable tool away from the union in order to ensure that? Out of pure greed and selfishness.
I noticed he went quiet.

Pathetic(for him). Yes. Don't want your "help".

Lot's of folks are "greedy" then and selfish then......lot's. To the tune of $2.5 per week. When we are going to end up with the same or even worse.

A nuclear bomb is a "valuable" tool.......too. Let's make sure we never use it. And as a last resort....ONLY.

Get it done and work. For a simple analogy(for you): "Yes, we can cure your brain cancer.....but we'll have to remove your brain.."

Thebrownblob

I noticed he went quiet.

Pathetic(for him). Yes. Don't want your "help".

Lot's of folks are "greedy" then and selfish then......lot's. To the tune of $2.5 per week. When we are going to end up with the same or even worse.

A nuclear bomb is a "valuable" tool.......too. Let's make sure we never use it. And as a last resort....ONLY.

Get it done and work. For a simple analogy(for you): "Yes, we can cure your brain cancer.....but we'll have to remove your brain.."
Do you think the railroad workers could’ve gotten their contract taken care of without a credible threat of a strike?

No they could not have, and guess what they did not go on strike! Shocking isn’t it?

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Ok.

Maybe he'll pay your $2.5k a week.
I'm not sure I've ever met a union "brother" quite as self centered as you.

You seem to think you're going it alone. The only reason you make money the way you do is because of the power of the union.
We built this together. And now you seem to think you're the only one that matters going forward.

Thebrownblob

Ok.

Maybe he'll pay your $2.5k a week.
Well most adults have saved money for this possibility as well as we have a strike fund to cover some of it. But unfortunately for @BadIdeaGuy he doesn’t quite make $2500 yet. And with brothers such as yourself he might not ever.
Have a nice day quad, I hope you reconsider your decision to “never” vote to strike because it does not even mean will strike necessarily.

qdg2

I'm not sure I've ever met a union "brother" quite as self centered as you.

You seem to think you're going it alone. The only reason you make money the way you do is because of the power of the union.
We built this together. And now you seem to think you're the only one that matters going forward.
Paid my dues for 40+ years.....brother.

You haven't been paying attention. Their are lot's of folks around here with the same outlook. I vote for my family and my best interests with my career. It's served me well.

I've also watched the inner workings of the union. I don't have time for all that today.

You couldn't be more wrong about what I think of the unions "power". But then, you don't know me.

Alone? No, we'll all go down together. Bad ideas(and guys) are a dime dozen....brother.

I've paid my time and dues and have been spectacularly successful.