Union busting: Could we be replaced?

qdg2

Well most adults have saved money for this possibility as well as we have a strike fund to cover some of it. But unfortunately for @BadIdeaGuy he doesn’t quite make $2500 yet. And with brothers such as yourself he might not ever.
Have a nice day quad, I hope you reconsider your decision to “never” vote to strike because it does not even mean will strike necessarily.
Concept: Settle it without a work stoppage. Rookies pay their dues. Some make it some don't.

Thebrownblob

Paid my dues for 40+ years.....brother.

You haven't been paying attention. Their are lot's of folks around here with the same outlook. I vote for my family and my best interests with my career. It's served me well.

I've also watched the inner workings of the union. I don't have time for all that today.

You couldn't be more wrong about what I think of the unions "power". But then, you don't know me.

Alone? No, we'll all go down together. Bad ideas(and guys) are a dime dozen....brother.

I've paid my time and dues and have been spectacularly successful.
Yes you’ve paid your dues great job so have I.
But guess what you have not been spectacularly successful on your own only.

A lot of people sacrifice before you and with you. If we are not willing to do that for the next group then we are much less the brotherhood.

Once again voting to strike does not guarantee a strike.

It does however give the union more leverage to get the things we want negotiated.

qdg2

Do you think the railroad workers could’ve gotten their contract taken care of without a credible threat of a strike?

No they could not have, and guess what they did not go on strike! Shocking isn’t it?
BTW, they haven't settled it yet. Might want to do a little fact checking there....at least as of Sat.

Thebrownblob

Concept: Settle it without a work stoppage. Rookies pay their dues. Some make it some don't.
Why do you think a strike vote cannot achieve that?

You are aware we voted for a strike last contract?
And every other contract that I remember.

Last edited:

qdg2

Yes you’ve paid your dues great job so have I.
But guess what you have not been spectacularly successful on your own only.

A lot of people sacrifice before you and with you. If we are not willing to do that for the next group then we are much less the brotherhood.

Once again voting to strike does not guarantee a strike.

It does however give the union more leverage to get the things we want negotiated.
Not voting to strike keeps stupid decisions from being made.

Gotta go.

Thebrownblob

BTW, they haven't settled it yet. Might want to do a little fact checking there....at least as of Sat.
Trust me I have plenty of fact checking and I know exactly what’s going on with the rail. You have ever have no idea. There’s more than one contract as well. But regardless none of it would’ve happened without the credible “threat” of a strike.

Johney

Brownblob you are arguing with someone who cares about himself and himself alone. Now if the tables were turned and UPS stated they were removing a/c from tractors or something feeder related he’d be whining why the part timers and package drivers weren’t voting to strike. Let it go this dude lives in his own bubble. He states he’s waiting for Oct to retire to see if he gets more money. Say he doesn’t then what? Can’t go back to the old contract it expired. I’m done even responding to him it’s useless.

Thebrownblob

Brownblob you are arguing with someone who cares about himself and himself alone. Now if the tables were turned and UPS stated they were removing a/c from tractors or something feeder related he’d be whining why the part timers and package drivers weren’t voting to strike. Let it go this dude lives in his own bubble. He states he’s waiting for Oct to retire to see if he gets more money. Say he doesn’t then what? Can’t go back to the old contract it expired. I’m done even responding to him it’s useless.
He’s a narcissist

qdg2

You don't know me.

Oct. I'm gone. And saddled with whatever come what may. A risk. Accepted. Doesn't sound like anything you said...eh?

Again, lot's and lot's of folks (besides me) saying the exact same thing(as me). Better believe it.

Just waiting to see....

And friend, brother......we had some of the crappiest tractors in the whole district if not region. A/c so bad that better to roll down the window.

Don't lecture me about sacrifices. I don't follow or blindly bond with fools. I'll stand on my decisions, and successes in my long, lucrative and safe career. What do YOU think you have to add to that? Do better and get back to me....I'll be in the Bahamas.

qdg2

And that’s not name calling that A diagnosis. And if you think it’s name-calling well you’re still up on me by about five names. 😂
See........"Uh no....that's something else.....uh cough...uh..."

"Um..."

Dear God.

Professor......diagnosis....really? Am I missing something here?

Comical....pathetic.....oops?

Johney

You don't know me.

Oct. I'm gone. And saddled with whatever come what may. A risk. Accepted. Doesn't sound like anything you said...eh?

Again, lot's and lot's of folks (besides me) saying the exact same thing(as me). Better believe it.

Just waiting to see....

And friend, brother......we had some of the crappiest tractors in the whole district if not region. A/c so bad that better to roll down the window.

Don't lecture me about sacrifices. I don't follow or blindly bond with fools. I'll stand on my decisions, and successes in my long, lucrative and safe career. What do YOU think you have to add to that? Do better and get back to me....I'll be in the Bahamas.
I wasn’t talking to you, maybe about you but not to you so no response from you was needed… move along.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
The more we argue the odds of him having a coronary increase

nWo

Just spoke to Sean. He said he's going to lower the pension numbers in the new contract. He hates old people. Apparently.