Union failure

CalDrvr06

At our hub we have a hiring freeze at all levels. Part time, package and feeders. Trying to get my nephew on pt sup told me they most likely won't be hiring until peak.

Heavy Package

I have been at other fortune 500 companies in professional roles and management roles for 15 years prior to UPS. I'll take being in the Union at UPS over any of those jobs.

What UPS needs desperately is a shift in the way they treat all employees, including supervisors and managers, at the local level. It is the corporate culture at the hubs that is terrible along with the working conditions of no heat / AC, poor lighting, and filthy bathrooms. Times have changed and if they want to attract and keep any PT employees, let alone seasonal workers, these areas need improvement.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I have been at other fortune 500 companies in professional roles and management roles for 15 years prior to UPS. I'll take being in the Union at UPS over any of those jobs.

What UPS needs desperately is a shift in the way they treat all employees, including supervisors and managers, at the local level. It is the corporate culture at the hubs that is terrible along with the working conditions of no heat / AC, poor lighting, and filthy bathrooms. Times have changed and if they want to attract and keep any PT employees, let alone seasonal workers, these areas need improvement.

How about a petting zoo and a hot chocolate machine

Smh

Ooooo. @Future loves Petting zoo’s and @IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U wants a free hot dog stand.
dbpnyNKWuhd2U.gif

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
Actually I believe FedEx start their PT at a higher rate and the work is not nearly as brutal.
Say what!!!!?!?!?

Idk :censored2: that. I rather make a bit less and still be union. Theres a lot more benefits in being in this union. Thats just me. I cant speak for anyone else.
I look at the long run.

But seriously, Im not workin any faster or harder than I do now. Regardless of pay. Like 11, 13, 15 or $25/hr. Makes no difference to me. Im not gonna change my safe pace.

CoffeeStainedUniform

i did but once a brown always a brown
Um...no.

1st strike: Bestsorteralive, aka cocky, arrogent, someone who thinks UPS couldn't survive without them.

2nd strike: You couldn't hack it and quit

3rd strike: You didn't wait until the new contract was actually ratified.

To me, your opinions about my and my union brothers jobs are as welcome as a fart in the elevator...and make about as much sense.

Heavy Package

How about a petting zoo and a hot chocolate machine

Smh

LMAO. Like being able to see with better lighting, being more comfortable with better temperature control, and being able to take a leak / dump in a clean restroom aren't expectations while at work. I would argue that a petting zoo animal has better living conditions than a UPS hub worker. Sad reality especially given all of the corporate propaganda on what a great place UPS is to work at. It's a good job in a disgusting environment. That's my point. But you probably go home to a filthy house so maybe a UPS hub is a step up for you.