Union failure

bowhnterdon

LMAO. Like being able to see with better lighting, being more comfortable with better temperature control, and being able to take a leak / dump in a clean restroom aren't expectations while at work. I would argue that a petting zoo animal has better living conditions than a UPS hub worker. Sad reality especially given all of the corporate propaganda on what a great place UPS is to work at. It's a good job in a disgusting environment. That's my point. But you probably go home to a filthy house so maybe a UPS hub is a step up for you.
That is true. The conditions have become an issue, trash ankle high, chicken bones , half eaten sandwiches etc. No toilet paper. Someone used a PE mechanics shirt to wipe their ass, so a lock was put on that bathroom. Defacating on the floor is commonplace. Been in my Building 36 years, never seen anything like it...

UPSER1987

Most of these regulars that post here are retired and have have nothing better to do...they have no clue of current ups

browndevil

The new contract has already showed it was a terrible deal. The hub I’m in is looking for help. Has been for a month or more. The current workers are working twice as hard to make up for understaffing issues. UPS gets to work employees twice as hard and actually save money. Not to mention, they can’t find any help, $13.00 an hour at 3:30 am is peanuts in today’s world. College and HS kids don’t care about bennies, they’re on their parents. The union should be disbanded. The sooner the better. Any idiot could have negotiated $13.00 an hour.
LOL the full time supervisor doesn't bother supervising. Been bagging in small sort to try to make the numbers look better.
File. I just deposited over $300 in grievances for sups working. Want the sups to stop working? File!

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
That is true. The conditions have become an issue, trash ankle high, chicken bones , half eaten sandwiches etc. No toilet paper. Someone used a PE mechanics shirt to wipe their ass, so a lock was put on that bathroom. Defacating on the floor is commonplace. Been in my Building 36 years, never seen anything like it...

Where you at? Rikers Island

bowhnterdon

It was never like this til the past 4-5 years. Building was clean as a whistle. Floors were cleaned, trash taken out.. Now, it is a Zoo..

I have been at other fortune 500 companies in professional roles and management roles for 15 years prior to UPS. I'll take being in the Union at UPS over any of those jobs.

What UPS needs desperately is a shift in the way they treat all employees, including supervisors and managers, at the local level. It is the corporate culture at the hubs that is terrible along with the working conditions of no heat / AC, poor lighting, and filthy bathrooms. Times have changed and if they want to attract and keep any PT employees, let alone seasonal workers, these areas need improvement.

The union is a crock of crap taking our money to provide the mob with teamster loans.

PT Car Washer

The union is a crock of crap taking our money to provide the mob with teamster loans.
Those were the good old days. The Teamsters had real power then. No freight in this country moved unless it was driven by a Teamster and loaded and unloaded by a Teamster. No sups ever touched a package unless they planed on paying a penalty.

Last edited:

Trailer monkey

Maybe because some of us are conscientious and actually believing in getting the job done?
What is it about union guys and glorifying being a lazy P.o.S.
Staffing is entirely a management issue and is not your problem. Just because someone does not want to blow out their knees, shoulders and back does not make them a lazy POS

UPSER1987

Staffing is entirely a management issue and is not your problem. Just because someone does not want to blow out their knees, shoulders and back does not make them a lazy POS

And because someone else doesn’t want to do the work of 2 for some lazy slob doesn’t make it right either. That happens far too often...

UPSER1987

D700F35A-0F39-484D-91BB-0DE1BE5992C1.jpeg
This may help. I believe this is used to teach second graders.
You’re welcome.

CalDrvr06

How many drivers are working Preload on a daily basis in your building?
No drivers are working preload. Were fine on staffing I believe. Jus cant leave the building on time ever lately. Leaving at 930am everyday at least always have to run straight air. Fri didnt leave the building till 9:43, got to my 1st stop at 10:08am. Had 13 air stops.