Union is done

Big Bad Wolf

Full time jobs, better disability and subcontracting have been issues at 89 for over a year.

You've been lied to and are not bright enough to figure it out on your own.
89 only had an issue when healthcare became an issue. Zuckerman only had an issue AFTER his people had an issue. Now he is trying to exploit it for a few votes in 2016. You've been brainwashed. Don't worry, I once was too. I was just like you. Drinking the TDU koolaid. I defended them with every breath. Until I "aimed high, got the big picture, kept my eyes moving, left myself an out and they definitely can see me".

Did I blow your house down?

Inthegame

Game

Since you are over your head I'll gladly explain. Flynn was questioned at the end of the meeting two months ago. He admitted that he deferred his and others salaries to show that 710 operated in the black for 2013. I don't care where you are getting your figures. He admitted that he had deferred salaries because someone had information claiming he did. I was at the meeting and watched Flynn carefully answer questions about it. Numbers are numbers and can be manipulated to look any way needed.
Well I readily admit I wasn't at the meeting so I can't dispute what you claim to have heard. But if indeed a deferral occured it should show up in Schedule 8 or 10. Schedule 8 shows nothing and 10 shows the restructured loan. Either Flynn is falsifying the LM2, which is prepared by the auditors, not Flynn, or he's playing with his future "opposition".
BTW, if you'd be complaining about the salaries for L710's ST, Pres and VP, you'd have a better argument, but having another building is a non-issue. Having a green zone pension plan will make it real tough to oust Flynn.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You are in a multi employer pension fund. All except the western conference of teamsters are going down the tubes.
The western conference pension plan has lots of different industries that pay into it. Actually ups represents a small portion of the overall dollars that are paid into the fund as a whole.

Inthegame

Bug,

It's not TDU. My building would vote almost unanimously against the current slate. At the Teamcare meeting the business rep was getting verbally hammered so hard he left the room and sat in the lobby. Yes Game that's true. The sentiment in the UPS crowd is that it's time to go. I have heard similar sentiments at the meeting but it's tough to really get to know all of the membership. Flynn has created a mountain of problems that he continuously answer for every meeting. We are still maintaining 2 halls so there is big time money mismanagement.
Why was anyone giving a BA a tough time at the TeamCare meeting? The BA didn't set up TeamCare. Didn't TeamCare have reps on hand?
Meeting usually draw those that have issues and concerns, right or wrong. The satisfied and lazy stay home so unless your room contained a majority of your members I'd be a bit cautious, as once TeamCare kicks in and the sky doesn't fall, this charged up anger will fade.

710 steward

Well I readily admit I wasn't at the meeting so I can't dispute what you claim to have heard. But if indeed a deferral occured it should show up in Schedule 8 or 10. Schedule 8 shows nothing and 10 shows the restructured loan. Either Flynn is falsifying the LM2, which is prepared by the auditors, not Flynn, or he's playing with his future "opposition".
BTW, if you'd be complaining about the salaries for L710's ST, Pres and VP, you'd have a better argument, but having another building is a non-issue. Having a green zone pension plan will make it real tough to oust Flynn.

I don't remember mentioning anything about salaries. Two union halls is a big issue to 710 members as it is continually brought up and members are tired of seeing THEIR dues money be wasted on an empty building, but I guess you know better. Same goes for the pension. It's a big issue for the membership as that is also brought up every meeting. You my "old" friend see nothing wrong with a pension that pays the same as it paid 17 years ago, but again a majority of our membership disagrees. Obviously you have more wisdom and are more in tune with their feelings. I get it, you are a circle the wagon player for the old guard. In 710 we don't hire qualified candidates for positions. We hire Pat's family members. even when they've never worked a hard day in their lives. Game, do me a favor and don't try to pretend you have any idea on what's happening in our local because you don't. That contract wasn't just a vote no against the company it was no vote for Pat and 710 staff. Just because you don't choose to believe it make it less true. There is going to be a lot if turn over Game. A lot. Keep fighting the good fight but let me remind you of something you told me a few months ago, make sure your facts are correct because members don't like to be lied to. Just sayin my "old" friend.

710 steward

Why was anyone giving a BA a tough time at the TeamCare meeting? The BA didn't set up TeamCare. Didn't TeamCare have reps on hand?
Meeting usually draw those that have issues and concerns, right or wrong. The satisfied and lazy stay home so unless your room contained a majority of your members I'd be a bit cautious, as once TeamCare kicks in and the sky doesn't fall, this charged up anger will fade.

Members were/are upset with the way 710 has handled our negotiations. One guy actually patted the BA on the back and told him please tell Pat thanks for nothing. Teamcare has been the least of the issues I have seen. Yes it was an issue but 9.5 is as big or larger. I honestly don't care what you want to believe. Our membership is unhappy with the 710 leadership. When they reissued proposals we all were told no UPS won't agree to any of this. Who works for who? Think about that going forward

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Members were/are upset with the way 710 has handled our negotiations. One guy actually patted the BA on the back and told him please tell Pat thanks for nothing. Teamcare has been the least of the issues I have seen. Yes it was an issue but 9.5 is as big or larger. I honestly don't care what you want to believe. Our membership is unhappy with the 710 leadership. When they reissued proposals we all were told no UPS won't agree to any of this. Who works for who? Think about that going forward
Did you say TeamCare was one of the issues?
You just gave Hoffa and his General Board all the reason they need to impose this contract on you if you vote it down.
Sorry for the bad news.

Inthegame

710 steward

Did you say TeamCare was one of the issues?
You just gave Hoffa and his General Board all the reason they need to impose this contract on you if you vote it down.
Sorry for the bad news.

Realbrown1

Think about this, 710 finished the second round of negotiations just a few days before the contract was forced onto the remaining three supplements. When 710 left the table they could come to an agreement on anything. This whole contract situation is as real as professional wrestling and we are the spectators. You don't realize how correct you are my friend.

Irishman Collins

Because Hoffa took the throne from the great and all powerful Oz. And TDU thought they were going to be on the fast track to success. So reformers are set to project themselves as improvers of the union when in fact it's only to gain control. *Reminder- I am a reformed reformer. A true unionist looks at a union as a whole, not just UPS Teamsters.

Did I blow your house down?
Wolf, you are right. The I.B.T. is using us as a band aide to protect their " unsustainable" health plan from failing as quickly as it is bound to do. I agree we should all be for the Union as a whole but it is not right to take Teamsters sustainable health care away just to keep an "unsustainable" plan from failing as quickly. Reform is necessary as a way for the people to fight injustices, such as taking Teamsters rights away to vote on their respective local supplements. This is a slippery slope that the I.B.T. has set a precedent on. The next supplement that the I.B.T. could impose could be yours when the next contract is due for negotiations. This is a dictatorship type move that is inexcusable.

Sent using BrownCafe App

realbrown1

Annoy a liberal today. Hit them with facts.
Realbrown1

Think about this, 710 finished the second round of negotiations just a few days before the contract was forced onto the remaining three supplements. When 710 left the table they could come to an agreement on anything. This whole contract situation is as real as professional wrestling and we are the spectators. You don't realize how correct you are my friend.
You are right.

Do you know the reason. I do.

Hoffa has already told UPS that he will impose the remaining contracts on the teamsters if they don't approve of their riders/supplements. (He will use Teamcare as the reason)

So what incentive does UPS have in negotiating in good faith? NONE.

Now the question of the day.

What did UPS give to or offer Hoffa in exchange for selling us all out?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I also believe the transition to Teamcare will be smooth and the benefits will be as advertised, until the next General Election in 2016.
After that, it all comes unravelled and we will be asked to shoulder an increasing burden in regards to healthcare.
In 2017 the annual deductibles kick in, which will most likely mark the beginning of the downward slide, unless the Central States Trustees intervene sooner.
In my mind it's not a matter of if, but when.

I also believe the transition to Teamcare will be smooth and the benefits will be as advertised, until the next General Election in 2016.
After that, it all comes unravelled and we will be asked to shoulder an increasing burden in regards to healthcare.
In 2017 the annual deductibles kick in, which will most likely mark the beginning of the downward slide, unless the Central States Trustees intervene sooner.
In my mind it's not a matter of if, but when.
So with 20 months of over funding before the influx of new members and let's say that it's 30 months then why would this happen? Isn't it a possibility with all the part timers that are now in the plan and the majority doesn't use their medical that this fund will be stuffed with reserves? Not to mention all the new young drivers that will be hired during this contract.

Inthegame

So with 20 months of over funding before the influx of new members and let's say that it's 30 months then why would this happen? Isn't it a possibility with all the part timers that are now in the plan and the majority doesn't use their medical that this fund will be stuffed with reserves? Not to mention all the new young drivers that will be hired during this contract.
Shhhh don't wake them up.