Union Pension too dependent on brown?

Over70irregs

This is the reason this thread was started.
1650040167228.png

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Over long-term probably. But many of these funds are not fully funded to begin with and if you have people pulling out money when the market low , it's hard to achieve that goal

I do not have the exact investment returns for all of the UPS or Teamsters’ pension plans for last year (2021) but they all probably had returns in the 15 and 20 % range. This year who knows, long ways to go... we will see.

I believe that when a pension fund is at a 100 % vested level it could pay the promised benefits without putting any more additional monetary contributions, basically funding the plan just by their investment returns.

I do not have the exact investment returns for all of the UPS or Teamsters’ pension plans for last year (2021) but they all probably had returns in the 15 and 20 % range. This year who knows, long ways to go... we will see.

I believe that when a pension fund is at a 100 % vested level it could pay the promised benefits without putting any more additional monetary contributions, basically funding the plan just by their investment returns.
That's why they don't want it 100% funded

Unfortunately if your plan is a critical and declining status you're not see any good investment returns because they have to be mainly invested in safer investments

For those of us who started this career later in life, almost have to go to 65 to get decent pension payout. Unless have deep enough pockets to quit a couple or three years earlier but delay pension till qualify for full benifit.
Well if you start early you sure don't want to work 40 to 45 years at this place your body can't take it

AKCoverMan

Well if you start early you sure don't want to work 40 to 45 years at this place your body can't take it
Especially if your on a real production route… I’ve been lucky enough to land my happy butt in a pretty sweet route. Getting a 4x4 assigned to it is the cherry on top. I can provide make it to the finish line now,,, especially if we get a real live preload operation out here.

This old man like having an actual suspension between him and the pothole infested dirt roads.

Especially if your on a real production route… I’ve been lucky enough to land my happy butt in a pretty sweet route. Getting a 4x4 assigned to it is the cherry on top. I can provide make it to the finish line now,,, especially if we get a real live preload operation out here.

This old man like having an actual suspension between him and the pothole infested dirt roads.
Next thing you're going to want is running water and electricity...

AKCoverMan

Next thing you're going to want is running water and electricity...
I mean in all seriousness we only got a roof over our operation like ten years back. I laugh every time i have to to do “conveyor securing” training.

“Hey Boss, can we at least have a conveyor belt if we have to do the training? Might get sort done on time with one of those!” 🤣🤣

Up In Smoke

Our pension fund, like most funds, has a panel of trustees to see over the fund and it's health. Our fund has 3 company and 3 union trustees not to mention a team of fiduciaries and actuaries.

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Save and invest as if you know there will be no pension or social security down the road if you can afford to.
Worry Worry Worry. Invest. Buy. Sell. Worry. Up. Down. Retire. Don't retire. Worry more. DIE!
Or... They said I would get a pension and SS. I have and I did.
I spend every nickel.