Union Pension too dependent on brown?

Thebrownblob

Yeah, but the price of living was cheaper back then. Every old timer at ups says this. Lol. 15 dollars isn’t :censored2:. If they want people to stay they need to bump pt pay.
It’s not an argument about cheaper, pay was raised to $15 last contract just like everyone wanted. And that’s without the majority of the part-timers even bothering to vote. It was literally Bernie Sanders main item the “fight for $15” 2016 was not that long ago ago. It wasn’t enough at eight dollars an hour. I still came to work. I agree they should get more and they will. In 2025 they will be saying it’s not enough. Part-time jobs are part time you cannot usually make a living on them. You’re either part time to supplement your income, going to school, we’re waiting for a full-time opportunity at UPS.

PT 4 Life

Most-Hated Member
It’s not an argument about cheaper, pay was raised to $15 last contract just like everyone wanted. And that’s without the majority of the part-timers even bothering to vote. It was literally Bernie Sanders main item the “fight for $15” 2016 was not that long ago ago. It wasn’t enough at eight dollars an hour. I still came to work. I agree they should get more and they will. In 2025 they will be saying it’s not enough. Part-time jobs are part time you cannot usually make a living on them. You’re either part time to supplement your income, going to school, we’re waiting for a full-time opportunity at UPS.

Most people aren’t looking at the bigger picture with ups. They’re focused on the pay.

rod

Retired 22 years
Loving that truth statement. So at 52yo how was the first year away as far as adjustment?
IT WAS GREAT - as were the other 20 years I've chocked up being retired. I'm 74 now and have started to slow done compared to what I was so I'm so glad I retired early and enjoyed life while I still could. I have NEVER missed UPS and all the BS that goes with it. They couldn't pay me enough to even think about working a peak like some of the other idiot retirees do. I just don't understand it. You retire to get away from the daily grind --WHY IN HELL would you volunteer to go back to it. And as for those who continue to work after 35-40 or more years -------they are just idiots who have no hobbies, no family life and basically been suck asses all their UPS careers. JMO

Over70irregs

IT WAS GREAT - as were the other 20 years I've chocked up being retired. I'm 74 now and have started to slow done compared to what I was so I'm so glad I retired early and enjoyed life while I still could. I have NEVER missed UPS and all the BS that goes with it. They couldn't pay me enough to even think about working a peak like some of the other idiot retirees do. I just don't understand it. You retire to get away from the daily grind --WHY IN HELL would you volunteer to go back to it. And as for those who continue to work after 35-40 or more years -------they are just idiots who have no hobbies, no family life and basically been suck asses all their UPS careers. JMO
Nothing but microphones dropping all over the place. Spoken like a true “G”…..

Over70irregs

first off, i think the pension is pre-funded so it wouldn't stop if UPS went out of business tomorrow. second, i'm not sure what you think the alternative would be exactly, aren't all pensions funded by the company the employees work for? how would it work otherwise? like if boeing and sodexo also were on the hook for all our pensions UPS going out of business would just drag the other companies down the same hole, what company would agree to such a scheme, there's no upside!? and then, what do you expect anyone to do about it?
Get big picture. Plan ahead.
1652971890742.png