Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

and

"I guess our new e-board does not think our local has members or shop stewards smart enough to work at the local, WHY do they have outsiders on the payroll I wonder what TDU would say if this was another local."

Point well made agi2! If the union can hire outsiders, don't they have the power to appoint stewards as B.A.'s? You should bring this to the mike at the next general membership meeting! I would like to hear the reason why the board doesn't appoint some stewards as B.A.'s instead of just hiring outside?

AcesUp804

"I guess our new e-board does not think our local has members or shop stewards smart enough to work at the local, WHY do they have outsiders on the payroll I wonder what TDU would say if this was another local."

Point well made agi2! If the union can hire outsiders, don't they have the power to appoint stewards as B.A.'s? You should bring this to the mike at the next general membership meeting! I would like to hear the reason why the board doesn't appoint some stewards as B.A.'s instead of just hiring outside?

There are no outsiders as BA's in 804 ,, Liam is helping Ken , if I'm right Liam was a 804 steward that got fired.

tellthetruth

You are right Aces.. Liam was the first steward and person to be let fired by a jealous E- board member from old for production!!! After he was fired... the company had an arbitration verdict.. Don't vote for Donota, Angelo, Bill, or Medina in 2 and a half years.. They are sellouts..

scoobypanda

You are right Aces.. Liam was the first steward and person to be let fired by a jealous E- board member from old for production!!! After he was fired... the company had an arbitration verdict.. Don't vote for Donota, Angelo, Bill, or Medina in 2 and a half years.. They are sellouts..
you need to check your facts before you begin smearing people.

local804

Don't worry I will be posting soon. Im glad your waiting for more info. By the way 804 my new friend outlaw responded to you about your boatload of money comment. Was he correct ? :whiteflag:

Just in 2008 alone OUR pension fund lost 108 million dollars , 46 million in the 3rd quarter alone.

The health fund from 2003-2008 has lost 20 million dollars(still working on all year forms from dol)

If that isn't losing a boatload of money for Christs sake, I don't know what is. If you would compare the funds now to when Ron was in office the health fund would be at a negative because half the members would have had heart attacks. Lets for a moment get a grip and take a deep breath. I am still waiting for a few answers to some questions from both of you two. Information is power, so bring it.

local804

Liam did not get fired for production, he was fired for his overall record. If you read the arbitration by no other than Carol she states the reasoning in the report that most of us have read why she made her decision. I am sure production had a part in this case but was no way the contributing factor in his loss.

ultravox804

Liam did not get fired for production, he was fired for his overall record. If you read the arbitration by no other than Carol she states the reasoning in the report that most of us have read why she made her decision. I am sure production had a part in this case but was no way the contributing factor in his loss.

Hey local804, Sorry but you are mistaken about Liam's case. I am from the same building he was in and have a copy of the decision. If you read from page 26 until the end, Carol only talks about production and how UPS has the right to keep him to that standard. Since I also know Liam well, if anyone wants, I will ask his permission to post the decision and everyone can see for themselves. Also, his B.A. played a memory game and did not even testify at his arbitration! How is that for good representation!

JonFrum

In another thread I noted how awful this argitrator's pro-Company reasoning was in this case.

Her reasons for agreeing with UPS' decision to fire the grievant are summarized in the last two pages of the 33-page decision.

Some gems . . .

"The Grievant's position on this matter [that the Union does not recognize specific production quotas] is nonsensical."

"It is not the Grievant's performance and methods violations standing alone that provide the Company with just cause for discharge. It is that the Grievant is incorrigible."

"This Arbitrator has been a member of the Local 804/UPS panel for the past twenty years and has seen numerous discharges based on an employee's overall record."

tieguy

Banned
The argument the union does not agree to production standards is one that unionist have clung to for years as if denial of standards somehow negated them. In reality there are very few company imposed standards that the union does agree to. the company imposes its standards and discharges for non-compliance. The unions defense is to then prove the measure unfair or the application of those standards were applied unfairly. They could never do so if they agreed to any standards. As a result there are very few production, service or attendance standards the union agrees with.

It puts the union in the position of defending poor quality labor when they should want to' promote union labor as the best available.

upsers22.3

Don't lose faith upsman. I hear that you have Steve ** and Dave *******l. I heard that when they first meet the dm *****.. He told Steve and ******* that when the company and union have problems.. It is like a sandwich and the meat in the middle is the membership and they will get eaten.. Meaning that he will start firing people.. So ******* told him that since he is a big guy he likes to eat... but when he eats his sandwich he likes a whole lot of mustard on it.... and to him mustard is MANAGEMENT>>>>LOL.. ***** flipped out and damn near had a break down.. LOL.. Also as I hear it the shop stewards are loyal to the old slate and they are going around up underminding the new board.. Which is ****ed up... Why you ask.. 4 guys from the old board came back to their old ups jobs in hopes to run against them in 3 years... And these guy of old promised a lot of people jobs and so on.. So stay strong and rally the membership not the stewards.. Most of them are of the old board ideas... Go along get along.. That is why it looks like they are weak.. Also ******* is from that building, He did all his years there from preload to feeder driver... ******* is also dealing with a race problem.. He is black, mean looking, and intelligent and most stewards are white like ***** and others and hate the fact that he is also the Recording Sec . Remember that is a powerful position. I pray for you guys in 804 stay strong and reach the membership and show unity.... Support them..

local804

Hey local804, Sorry but you are mistaken about Liam's case. I am from the same building he was in and have a copy of the decision. If you read from page 26 until the end, Carol only talks about production and how UPS has the right to keep him to that standard. Since I also know Liam well, if anyone wants, I will ask his permission to post the decision and everyone can see for themselves. Also, his B.A. played a memory game and did not even testify at his arbitration! How is that for good representation!

We all seen copies of the decision right after it happened. I did not see anywhere where she stated he was fired for production but do remember her using the words "over all record" I guess its how you interpret what she wrote, just like our contract. The union thinks this paragraph goes one way and the company another. UPS has unlimited resources financially and plenty of man power to build a case on anybody they want. If you did know Liam, you know the type of person he was and it dont take a rocket scientist to know he was a good steward and had a very strong following. He wasnt a thorn in UPS`s side he was knife and they wanted him gone.