Union Politics - 804 members coming soon agitator 2

Discussion in 'UPS Union Issues' started by Agitator2, May 4, 2010.

1. local804

local804 Well-Known Member

I just as much as the next guy wants the company to make money so lets just stop right there. Why is a shop steward called overzealous when he enforces the contract that your company signed with the union? If the said guy was not a steward and didnt hand in over 100 grievances over a few months, he would still have a job for the company.

2. outlaw

outlaw Member

His only problem was he listened to the wrong people.

3. local804

I answered your post, maybe you should go back and re read it a few times. Are you are trying to tell me that there wasnt a huge difference in the funds twenty years ago till December 2009?
    Is that cool aid good and is this outlaw from Maspeth?

4. tellthetruth

tellthetruth New Member

So it sounds like Lonewolf and Outlaw are the same person.. LOL! First of all.....When the dues were first rasied by the old board it was under orders from Hoffa... When Row b complained it was because Ron C didn't rasie them because we were well off. Remember Ron C was the local and international president.. And you are right about BA giving shots.... But your friend the DM of 43rd st proved that they had a number of shots. So! He walked them and he voliated Article 7... Get your facts together.. Local804 !! I think that is the feeder driver from Maspeth!! Row A supporter! HA! Get over it!!:happy-very:

5. outlaw

outlaw Member

You dont get it 804. If we had enough money in the fund why did RC redirect money from our annuity fund into the health and welfare fund , and take whatever money was negotiated into the H&W and but it into the pension. If that had not been done we would have more money in the fund today.

6. tellthetruth

tellthetruth New Member

Yeah!! He listened to the old President and his old B.A. who is trying to get back in.. WOW!:happy2:

7. tellthetruth

tellthetruth New Member

Wait a minute GOOD BUDDY Outlaw.. Wasn't that voted on my the members?:smart:

8. outlaw

outlaw Member

No it was not TRUTH. .10 PER HOUR was taken from the annuity fund and put into the H&W without any vote

9. tellthetruth

tellthetruth New Member

I hear that they are raiding buildings and Management hates it.. I hear that supervisors don't work when they are in the buildings.. But as we all know.... They can't be everywhere all the time.. And the grievances.... The company probably denies them like they do in our building.. So now they are put on the dockets for arbitration.. Now if everyone was proactive... Maybe it wouldn't be so bad!! By thye way.. When was the last time you filed a grievance??

10. outlaw

outlaw Member

Many moons ago. But do you see what you said "The company probably denies them like they do in our building.. So now they are put on the dockets for arbitration" thats what the old board did. and WON many sup working arbitrations. But all row b said was they were not doing their job BS. Go back to the row b web site look at the video about sups working and building raids and what the new pres. said he is going to do. What a joke AND WE DID NOT VOTE ON THE .10

11. tellthetruth

tellthetruth New Member

Outlaw were do you get your facts from.. I spoke to someone who went down to Union Hall and saw the arbitration dockets.. And out of the 300 or so left without a date.. None were for sups working, and no one was on the dockets for attendance.. And lets use common sense.. Obvious the new board is doing what the members voted for. That is why the company is resisting so hard.. Anyone with brains can see this.. Many moons ago the old board was in bed with the company... And stop yelling!!! LOL!:greedy:

12. tellthetruth

tellthetruth New Member

Ok.. I'll make some phone calls and get back to you..:smart:

13. retired brother

retired brother New Member

the new board said no raise in dues without the memberships vote . that didn't happen
    The new E board has no experence or a clue. the new E Board is just a bunch of koolaid
    TDU cronies

14. JonFrum

JonFrum Member

You and the stewards seem supremely confident that a preloader caught in possession of pot must be drug tested. Did the preloader appear unfit for duty? Where in the Contract does it say UPS has the right to order this preloader to be drug tested if he was not observably high???

15. JonFrum

JonFrum Member

If a dues increase is mandated by the IBT Constitution, the Local Executive Board can't refuse, unless they want to be charged and convicted of violating their oath and the IBT Constitution.

16. tellthetruth

tellthetruth New Member

I wish alot of people would read the CBA like yourself Jonfrum..:happy2:

17. tellthetruth

tellthetruth New Member

And they still are loved by the membership LOL!.... Retired Brother... reasons why the Health and Welfare is messed up.. You pay $250.00 into it and the Plan pays close to $2000.00 a month for each retiree... Do the math!!

Last edited: May 23, 2010
  18. JonFrum

JonFrum Member

Could you post the language from the old Supplement that requires a new membership vote?

It may be the members vote on the total contribution to the benefit funds at contract ratification time, and the union negotiating committee decides how it will be split between the funds. The committee may also retain the right to change the split in mid-contract as financial circumstances warrant.

19. tellthetruth

tellthetruth New Member

And you and your Row A supporters are just sore losers....:happy2: There are more Row B supporters than Row A.. So you keep up the good work.. The membership knows and understand what is going on.. And what do you mean Koolaid?

20. local804

The old board really didnt win many arbitrations my brother.