Union Politics - IRB busts the Ohio Confrence of Teamsters

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
I don't know. I feel like whatever I say that is right will always be wrong in people's eyes here. It like life in general and being affiliated with unions politics and members. It's life.
There are union loyalists and then there are scabs. TDU is as good as scabs. If your not supporting, your destroying.

5habits100

That was 17 years ago and much has happened as you're quick to mention.
What has H done since, besides sit on his hands and wait until the government intervened?
That was 2 years ago on the ups contract. It's history why do you keep bringing it up?
Carey screwed all Teamsters, especially Central States Teamsters and because he is dead we should forget about it? I don't think so.

10 point

Easy to get when you roll over on the people you hired to fleece the members.
This thread is about Ohio's issues at hand.
Try to stay on course.
Your unfounded animosity gets old.
Carey was a great man.
He's now deceased.
Have, at least, respect for his tenacious courage.
Can you find another thread to derail since you're not from Ohio?

5habits100

He did it because UPS offered it to our membership IF they'd cross the line and break the impasse.
That's why Carey matched it. Probably because he felt we didn't have the backbone to resist the $1000 bump and it had been two weeks since the strike began and many were restless.
It was political

5habits100

That was prior to deregulation and ancient history.
Why didn't H find a way to fix it after he ran him out of the General Presidency?
Because he wanted to get reelected?
The pension increase didn't come until after the 97 contract and deregulation was way before that.
And the fix wasn't legal until last December.
But you knew that already.

wide load

This thread is about Ohio's issues at hand.
Try to stay on course.
Your unfounded animosity gets old.
Carey was a great man.
He's now deceased.
Have, at least, respect for his tenacious courage.
Can you find another thread to derail since you're not from Ohio?
Why don't you ask the others that started derailment? As Bubbles would say "Don't tell me what to do. You'll be very disappointed."
Him dying makes him courageous?

wide load

All of a sudden we are the thread police keeping everyone on point? You have thousands of more threads to keep on track there officer. Get going.

5habits100

From my perspective; having had a daughter in college at that time and a wife that was sick it would have been pretty tempting to cross the picket line except that I knew that we all had to stand together with each other's future in view, not giving in to the last, best, and "final" offer that most assuredly meant screwing others for our own personal gain.

That was the issue underlying in the last minute cave in to match the company's poison that was assuredly going to bring us to exactly where we are today. DOA.

Where are the people, members, that have the spine to say that they appreciate the extra pension money they've received that was fought for by UPS Teamsters, some of which paid dearly when they went back to work or were purposely laid off as retaliation for not crossing the picket line?

Why doesn't common sense prevail toward the big picture that clearly says for 17 years they got a huge bonus in pension on the backs of UPS Teamster solidarity?

There's little thankfulness in a country that has a welfare mentality. Our grandparents would shake their heads in disbelief.

There is no free lunch and this has finally come home to roost.

The Ohio issue at hand just adds fuel to the fire and it's bs if you think TDU is to blame.
Maybe like Bubblehead said earlier, it may need to burn down to start over. IDK.

But it's a absolute shame that the great leaders that are now listed in the report are shown in disrepute.

Accountability is a very expensive word.
Someone needs to stop taking things for granted, remember where they came from and realize that us little dues paying members are depending on them.
Those people you speak of that received max pension benefits for 17 years are now going to get 50% of that. The bigger problem is now they can't work to make up the difference. They are double screwed. Had the fund been responsible back then they wouldn't have retired, the fund would be fine today and so would the participants.

10 point

Those people you speak of that received max pension benefits for 17 years are now going to get 50% of that. The bigger problem is now they can't work to make up the difference. They are double screwed. Had the fund been responsible back then they wouldn't have retired, the fund would be fine today and so would the participants.
Already said that too. And agreed with that and Lead Belly's statement.
It's a sad situation.

But, it's not something that anyone could not see coming.