Union questions

quad decade guy

Lol
Money and time well spent
Now go jump in one of your Corvettes and do a burn out down the block for all the neighbors to see

What a tool
Its is and was. Never actually "did a burn out". My car will go 177mph though. I like that. Tires are too expensive to burn up(putting that money into my 401K ; ) I'd offer you a ride but alas you'll just have to wonder how the "other half" lives....Actually my corvette is way faster than my airplane. So, .99 menu at Jack in the Box for you tonight? LOL

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
For who? Your burning jealousy? I like the consequences(I guess)...whatever that means. Hey champ, keep clipping coupons. Say, I'd offer you a ride in any of my "toys". But alas, I wouldn't to save your miserable existence. Nor urinate on you either.
I mean honest to goodness what in the world would I have to be jealous of? Being here 40+ years and still spending a majority of your time away from home in a feeder cab?
Sorry but no thanks.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
That is what the Union used to do for us. How many new hire PT will be making $38/hr after 90 days?

Only the ones, that abuse the situation.

You are PT.... red-circled.

Why are you (still) taking work away.... from future full-time Drivers ?

Couldn't handle working PKG on a regular basis ?

You are stealing from future generations.

-Bug-

PT Car Washer

Only the ones, that abuse the situation.

You are PT.... red-circled.

Why are you (still) taking work away.... from future full-time Drivers ?

Couldn't handle working PKG on a regular basis ?

You are stealing from future generations.

-Bug-
You say abuse and I say take advantage of the situation. The company and the Union make the rules and I just follow them. If you want to change the situation, eliminate Art 40 in the contract.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
You say abuse and I say take advantage of the situation. The company and the Union make the rules and I just follow them.

PT air drivers should only be used to deliver ground, to avoid supes working. It shouldn't be done on a regular basis.

You are definitely taking advantage of the situation. I just can't believe the company puts up with it.

If you want to change the situation, eliminate Art 40 in the contract.

Art 40 will never change.... ever.

I know it might seem like a personal attack, but that's not my intent.

-Bug-

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
PT air drivers should only be used to deliver ground, to avoid supes working. It shouldn't be done on a regular basis.

You are definitely taking advantage of the situation. I just can't believe the company puts up with it.

-Bug-
I filed and was awarded many tens of thousands of dollars in grievance settlements for air drivers forwarding packages that were other than air exception packages over the past 15 years.

But on the other hand never held any contempt or hard feelings towards the air drivers themselves, who were only working as directed at a premium rate.

My contempt was for the Company, because after all they were the ones who were violating the contract, not the air drivers.

The only way to make it stop is to make them pay twice, once to the air driver and then again to the grievant.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
I filed and was awarded many tens of thousands of dollars in grievance settlements for air drivers forwarding packages that were other than air exception packages over the past 15 years.

But on the other hand never held any contempt or hard feelings towards the air drivers themselves, who were only working as directed at a premium rate.

My contempt was for the Company, because after all they were the ones who were violating the contract, not the air drivers.

The only way to make it stop is to make them pay twice, once to the air driver and then again to the grievant.

That's why I wanted to clarify myself. I have no personal animosity towards @PT Car Washer.

I just don't like the practice and would expect him (or someone) to grieve it.

PT Car Washer

-Bug-
Grievances were filed earlier this year on me performing both air deliveries and ground deliveries. Filed by PT air drivers who wanted the extra work. Went to state panel and panel reaffirmed that extra work is awarded by seniority alone. Of course I live in a Republican controlled Right to Work State. PT air drivers that filed also said it was not personal either.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Grievances were filed earlier this year on me performing both air deliveries and ground deliveries. Filed by PT air drivers who wanted the extra work. Went to state panel and panel reaffirmed that extra work is awarded by seniority alone.

You won and they lost. (allegedly)

How does a PM carwasher (air driver qualified) take precedent over a scheduled AM air driver ?

Help me out here....

PT Car Washer

You won and they lost. (allegedly)

How does a PM carwasher (air driver qualified) take precedent over a scheduled AM air driver ?

Help me out here....
EAM air drivers delivering 10:30 and or 12:00 air commit after delivering their EAM's. Or when needed helping out with ground stops. Most of the time oversize packages that will not fit on the regular delivery driver or running misloads or helping out with 8 hour request or over dispatched 9.5 drivers. Of course since about March it has been Peak season all year long with plenty of work for everyone. I would also cover for 22.3 preload/air drivers when on vacation. Been doing this for the last 15 years or longer and the EAM guys wanted a piece of the action. Why bust your butt and a 4 year progression when you can make more money working PT?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
EAM air drivers delivering 10:30 and or 12:00 air commit after delivering their EAM's. Or when needed helping out with ground stops. Most of the time oversize packages that will not fit on the regular delivery driver or running misloads or helping out with 8 hour request or over dispatched 9.5 drivers. Of course since about March it has been Peak season all year long with plenty of work for everyone. I would also cover for 22.3 preload/air drivers when on vacation. Been doing this for the last 15 years or longer and the EAM guys wanted a piece of the action. Why bust your butt and a 4 year progression when you can make more money working PT?
....are you telling us that the Panel agreed with this notion when air drivers grieved being left out in regards to the extra work of a classification other than yours???

Now I am confused....

Last edited: