Unwanted Overtime

hopspur

Change the contract to read: The first hour of OT per day is time and one half, the second hour is double time, and the third or more be triple time. No need to file for this. If it is truly a need (not to just cut runs and overdispatch) then let them pay immediately, not three months down the raod. Almos forget for those few out there that want alot of OT, they can use an opt in list to get all the time they want. This would also save alot of time and money as there would be no need for a 9.5 panel or committee.

packagemandan

There should be an overtime list implemented to all employees that want the OT. It should be posted every six months. The senior employee gets first rights,if there is still too much work then it should be delegated in seniority order.The senior driver will get home earlier as it should be.

thelodge

I thought there used to be a clause in the contract that says you sign a sheet that you don't want overtime during the summer months. Doesn't it still exist?

chanman

We have a clause in the contract that forces the company to deal with with excessive overtime if a driver requests so; guess what ?? nothing has changed...

packagemandan

Sure fire way is automatic payouts for 9.5 no grievance required...my best suggestion is automatic triple time for any hours worked in excess on ten hours, then you could guarantee a reasonable dispatch.

upserr1

not Only triple time after 9.5 but also have them contribute any overtime into our pension rather than have it based solely on 40 hours then they will stop the overtime and hire more drivers

packagemandan

Given the right job, feeders or 22.3 doing that kind of overtime is possible but in package cars I think a 12 hour day everyday in our center and you'd be a goner in about a year, average sphor is 18 to 20, average temp summer 92 average humidity 80 percent OUCH!

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
upserr1 not Only triple time after 9.5 but also have them contribute any overtime into our pension rather than have it based solely on 40 hours then they will stop the overtime and hire more drivers

Exactly!!!!