Upcoming 401(k) Changes

falcon back

I call View attachment 325224 on that as well.
You know as well as I do you can't make that claim off courier money, I don't give a rats ass if you got top pay from day one. You joined the rank of liars with that one. I say that for a fact. You may be in that position, it did not solely come from fedex. If you say it came only from your years at fedex, you are a liar.
Sorry to disappoint you but all my retirement money came from Fedex. I started at 18 so where would my previous pension come from? In fact, I missed 3 years of pension because you had to be 21 to be in the pension program when I started. Send me your number and we can run the numbers together. Of course, you will need someone to show you how to turn on the calculator. 38 or so years of 401k with some years of really good returns and a few years of really bad returns will yield a very good retirement. I can't help it if you were too ignorant to know what a 401k was until your mom explained it to you. Sounds like you must be broke like tex, you are full of excuses and denial.

vantexan

He brings most of this stuff up unprompted. Not my problem.

No debt other than a mortgage.

If I was screwing things up to the degree that he is, I'd hope someone would point it out to me.
You take constant personal shots because you don't like criticism of the company. And you're the one who started this latest round. I didn't bring it up, you or Oldfart did.

vantexan

Sorry to disappoint you but all my retirement money came from Fedex. I started at 18 so where would my previous pension come from? In fact, I missed 3 years of pension because you had to be 21 to be in the pension program when I started. Send me your number and we can run the numbers together. Of course, you will need someone to show you how to turn on the calculator. 38 or so years of 401k with some years of really good returns and a few years of really bad returns will yield a very good retirement. I can't help it if you were too ignorant to know what a 401k was until your mom explained it to you. Sounds like you must be broke like tex, you are full of excuses and denial.
How long did it take you to top out?

falcon back

How long did it take you to top out?
It doesn't matter. When a person lives on 65 or 70% of his income because he realizes the small sacrifices he makes while working will pay off when he retires, then retirement is much easier to finance. You mention your car note and the car note your wife took back. I have never had a car note because I never bought a new car. I have never owned a car worth more than 10k and paid cash for each one. Buy them cheap and drive them till they die. Save the money you pay in an note before you buy the car and pay cash for a nice dependable ride. You continue to make excuses for your money woes, yet you refuse to take responsibility for any decision you made in life. You sound like a broken record. Bitch and whine because you retired broke. That was 100% YOUR fault.

vantexan

It doesn't matter. When a person lives on 65 or 70% of his income because he realizes the small sacrifices he makes while working will pay off when he retires, then retirement is much easier to finance. You mention your car note and the car note your wife took back. I have never had a car note because I never bought a new car. I have never owned a car worth more than 10k and paid cash for each one. Buy them cheap and drive them till they die. Save the money you pay in an note before you buy the car and pay cash for a nice dependable ride. You continue to make excuses for your money woes, yet you refuse to take responsibility for any decision you made in life. You sound like a broken record. Bitch and whine because you retired broke. That was 100% YOUR fault.
That was the first new car I've ever bought. 70% of $14hr is $9.80hr. You can't just admit that you had a better deal. Got a full traditional pension on better money. Stop making it about just me. A lot of couriers after 10 years weren't making much more than newhires. And by the way I've repeatedly said I shouldn't have quit in '97 and have paid dearly for that mistake. But the company bears plenty of responsibility when they're telling newhires for 15 or so years that they'll top out in 7 to 8 years. Total lie. That if they stick with the company they'll get a traditional pension. And when midrange was getting 2% raises on lower pay topped out couriers were getting 3% on higher pay. How would you like it if you got a 32 cent raise while the topped out guy who made about $6hr more than you got about 70 cents? You can try to put the blame on me and others all you want but you got a better deal. Much easier for you to save. And frankly telling a guy who runs a heavier route than you(most senior couriers have worked into better routes), has less vacation time and doesn't get a shot at better weeks off, gets paid considerably less than you even 15 years after he started, that he'll just have to suck it up and do without things like, oh, you know, taking care of kids, paying a mortgage, that sort of thing, and if he doesn't have an 80k a year retirement after all that he's an idiot, well that makes you a jackass. But then we already knew that.

Last edited:

falcon back

That was the first new car I've ever bought. 70% of $14hr is $9.80hr. You can't just admit that you had a better deal. Got a full traditional pension on better money. Stop making it about just me. A lot of couriers after 10 years weren't making much more than newhires. And by the way I've repeatedly said I shouldn't have quit in '97 and have paid dearly for that mistake. But the company bears plenty of responsibility when they're telling newhires for 15 or so years that they'll top out in 7 to 8 years. Total lie. That if they stick with the company they'll get a traditional pension. And when midrange was getting 2% raises on lower pay topped out couriers were getting 3% on higher pay. How would you like it if you got a 32 cent raise while the topped out guy who made about $6hr more than you got about 70 cents? You can try to put the blame on me and others all you want but you got a better deal. Much easier for you to save. And frankly telling a guy who runs a heavier route than you(most senior couriers have worked into better routes), has less vacation time and doesn't get a shot at better weeks off, gets paid considerably less than you even 15 years after he started, that he'll just have to suck it up and do without things like, oh, you know, taking care of kids, paying a mortgage, that sort of thing, and if he doesn't have an 80k a year retirement after all that he's an idiot, well that makes you a jackass. But then we already knew that.
Excuses and more excuses

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
You take constant personal shots because you don't like criticism of the company. And you're the one who started this latest round. I didn't bring it up, you or Oldfart did.
I take the shots because you make it so easy. Has nothing to do with you criticizing the company. Would do the same thing if you praised the company.

abused.crr

After skipping through this thread I’ve came to the conclusion that you all are arguing over peanuts not pensions! Peanuts, as in what Fred is throwing you. Who has the most peanuts!

It took me a long time to turn around and walk away from the company I worked for, for over 22 years. But I did and I’m so much happier. Ask yourself what I asked myself for years... I wonder what will be taken away next year... twice a year raises, profit sharing, good healthcare, bonuses, will my raise be skipped again, traditional pension, jump seat, porta potty pension, will they stop 401k match, and on and on.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
After skipping through this thread I’ve came to the conclusion that you all are arguing over peanuts not pensions! Peanuts, as in what Fred is throwing you. Who has the most peanuts!

It took me a long time to turn around and walk away from the company I worked for, for over 22 years. But I did and I’m so much happier. Ask yourself what I asked myself for years... I wonder what will be taken away next year... twice a year raises, profit sharing, good healthcare, bonuses, will my raise be skipped again, traditional pension, jump seat, porta potty pension, will they stop 401k match, and on and on.
You can thank Wall Street. Integrity means nothing there, either.