Upcoming 401(k) Changes

falcon back

I never had your income. Not even close. I didn't get the pension you did. But I will make it up in the next ten years while you blow everything but your pension and SS. Goid luck!
Excuse after Excuse. I can piss away all I want and won't run out. I properly planned for retirement and lived way below my income level while working so I could enjoy retirement.

vantexan

According to you, you're also paying off another $40k Honda.
My wife has taken over those payments. I'm less than a year from paying off the Element and it's a low payment. The only bill I will have from the States soon after arriving in Argentina is Dish satellite. I should put more than a thousand a month in savings as soon as I get there and in 3 years put my entire pension and part of SS into savings. At least $2500 a month.

It will be fine

My wife has taken over those payments. I'm less than a year from paying off the Element and it's a low payment. The only bill I will have from the States soon after arriving in Argentina is Dish satellite. I should put more than a thousand a month in savings as soon as I get there and in 3 years put my entire pension and part of SS into savings. At least $2500 a month.
Most people try to build their savings before they retire.

falcon back

Of course you did. And had the income to do it. Buy a clue.
There is that excuse again. If a family makes 80k and lives like they made 60k, that is living below their means. We did that for years. If a family makes 80k and lives like they made 100k, that is foolish spending. Apparently you did that for years. It is time you blame the fella in the mirror for your financial problems. Any idiot that buys a 40k Honda deserves to be as broke as your marriage.

vantexan

There is that excuse again. If a family makes 80k and lives like they made 60k, that is living below their means. We did that for years. If a family makes 80k and lives like they made 100k, that is foolish spending. Apparently you did that for years. It is time you blame the fella in the mirror for your financial problems. Any idiot that buys a 40k Honda deserves to be as broke as your marriage.
I was single most of my time with FedEx. Most I ever grossed was $48k and I worked over 40 6 day weeks to make that. One year as a full timer I grossed $27k. My Honda cost $34k plus interest and it's what my wife wanted. And to keep it she's paying for it. I'm heading to a very cheap country to make up for lost time. Something I bet you'd never do.

vantexan

Tex never read that chapter in the comic books he must have gotten his financial planning from. He pissed away all his money during him income producing years and now he blames the world for his money woes.
You want to hang on to the idea that those who came after you had just as good a deal as you did. We didn't. Topped out couriers working some OT easily grossed $15k+ more than we did. Deal with it. You're no financial genius, you just got lucky.

oldngray

nowhere special
I was single most of my time with FedEx. Most I ever grossed was $48k and I worked over 40 6 day weeks to make that. One year as a full timer I grossed $27k. My Honda cost $34k plus interest and it's what my wife wanted. And to keep it she's paying for it. I'm heading to a very cheap country to make up for lost time. Something I bet you'd never do.
Sometimes its worth paying more for the peace of mind. Less likely to have something go wrong. I drive an older car and put up with minor annoyances since is paid for and still runs OK

dezguy

Van, why do you keep justifying the way you're living your life to them? It's none of their damn business the choices you've made and as long as you're happy, that's all that matters.

Justifying what you've chosen to do is exactly what they want because it gives them a reason to criticise you.

Do yourself a favour. Put idiot on ignore because he's nothing more than a troll. He's supposedly living the good life but he's constantly here, trying to start arguments. I can't speak for anyone else but if I'm living the retirement good life, I'm not sitting on BC trolling for arguments.

vantexan

Van, why do you keep justifying the way you're living your life to them? It's none of their damn business the choices you've made and as long as you're happy, that's all that matters.

Justifying what you've chosen to do is exactly what they want because it gives them a reason to criticise you.

Do yourself a favour. Put idiot on ignore because he's nothing more than a troll. He's supposedly living the good life but he's constantly here, trying to start arguments. I can't speak for anyone else but if I'm living the retirement good life, I'm not sitting on BC trolling for arguments.
Good points but I enjoy making him pound out those posts. Doing anything differently than how he would do things gets under his skin. And of course criticizing the company for anything makes him and Dano attack any aspect of one's life that they can glom onto to discredit the critic. They don't seem to get how small that makes them look. But most everyone else can see them for what they are.

dezguy

Good points but I enjoy making him pound out those posts. Doing anything differently than how he would do things gets under his skin. And of course criticizing the company for anything makes him and Dano attack any aspect of one's life that they can glom onto to discredit the critic. They don't seem to get how small that makes them look. But most everyone else can see them for what they are.
All you're doing is arguing in circles. I've had idiot on ignore for quite a while now but I'm willing to bet he just uses the same lines over and over again, along with the same tired arguments.

I mean if that's your thing then God bless but personally, I'd just set sail for Argentina when I could and post pictures of paradise.

falcon back

You want to hang on to the idea that those who came after you had just as good a deal as you did. We didn't. Topped out couriers working some OT easily grossed $15k+ more than we did. Deal with it. You're no financial genius, you just got lucky.
There you go again with denial. It makes no difference what you make, it's what you do with it that matters. There are people that make 6 figures that are dead broke and people that gross 50k that live comfortably. It's all about the choices you make in life. You made 1 bad choice after another and you continue to blame others for your bad choices.

There you go again with denial. It makes no difference what you make, it's what you do with it that matters. There are people that make 6 figures that are dead broke and people that gross 50k that live comfortably. It's all about the choices you make in life. You made 1 bad choice after another and you continue to blame others for your bad choices.
Please leave him alone

vantexan

And like clockwork LOL.