Upper management gets 20% raise, I get less than inflation with a target on my back!

Hethatbeking

With this economy that has been doing nothing but go up for 9 years there would be something wrong if they didn't make record profits and revenues year after year. The problem comes when the next recession hits. So called experts have been calling for it for years and eventually one of them will be able to act like they predicted it and say they told you so. When everything is going good it's easy to say i want more more more but it's not until there is a down turn that the issues arise. Businesses are all about the bottom line. We want UPS to be the "biggest and best in the industry" to continue to be compensated the way that we are. We should get raises that keep up with inflation but we will not get more until the competition raises their wages.
While I do think there may be reasons to strike they are not economic but more so about working conditions.
Ok. The competition (FedEx) has been paying it's part time handlers considerably more for over a decade.

Yaba Daba Do

Donkey Punch Extraordinaire
Ok. The competition (FedEx) has been paying it's part time handlers considerably more for over a decade.
That's true and is a fair point. People on were specifically talking about the $4.15 the full timers are getting. Part timers do not get paid enough for the amount of work they have to do and deserve everything they get this contract but that means full timers won't get quite as much as they would if they said friend the part timers again. I think part timers pay should absolutely be raised and you have to take that into account when thinking about what full timers should get. I think the $4.15 for full timers is at least fair. Part timers get sold out every contract so full timers can get a little more mostly because they don't vote in the numbers required to stop it. I'm not saying it's right I'm just saying that's how it's been. If people think full timers should get a little more than what's been proposed that's one thing but to say it is insulting is ridiculous.