Upper management gets 20% raise, I get less than inflation with a target on my back!

Fedex is right there with us and gaining, 63.5% gross profit, 8.35% operating profit, and 4.97% net profit. As I've said UPS is the big dick in town now but if our compensation package gets out of control we won't be going forward. I'm not saying we shouldn't get raises, we obviously should, I'm saying it can't continue to far outpace the competition or the company will not be able to compete and once that happens people will still be screaming more, more, more and want to go on strike. I'm curious as to what people who disagree think we should get as a raise?
They have a very successful air operation. We have a successful ground operation.
FedEx made 5% with there employees making 28.5% less then us! Just emagin what ups would make on that...

You can’t compare us to them. Ups ground is seven times bigger then fedex ground. They expanded the grohnd operation and it didn’t work because they are owner operators. Fedex ground is only make enough to stay afloat. Fedex express is there bread and butter. We have a successful air too. It’s not as competitive as fedex’s air but way closer to it then fedex ground is to ups ground.

Yaba Daba Do

Donkey Punch Extraordinaire
They have a very successful air operation. We have a successful ground operation.
FedEx made 5% with there employees making 28.5% less then us! Just emagin what ups would make on that...
This is my whole point. What happens when we make 38% more than them or 48%? If the profit margins are basically even now and we demand significant raises what happens? Are they just supposed to say "you know what $4 billion is enough profit. We don't need the extra $2 billionto reinvest back into the business to grow it, so we will give that back to the hourly's." Would the profit margin stay at 5%? And if so please tell me how so i can become very wealthy off of this new business model.

I'm still looking for an answer from someone that says this $4.15 is insulting as to what an acceptable raise would be in addition to the substantial increases to Health and Welfare and pension that the press release says we are getting. This is not me being a smart ass, I genuinely would like to know what you think an acceptable raise would be.

Eat Sleep Fish

Jig Master
I heard our CEO got a couple million dollar bonus. Don't EVER believe the company will go broke if they give us what we deserve. I busted my ass for this company for decades. I am in cruise control now. I ain't doing any more than anyone else. My body is breaking down. You minnows will understand that one day. Maybe.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
I'm still looking for an answer from someone that says this $4.15 is insulting as to what an acceptable raise would be in addition to the substantial increases to Health and Welfare and pension that the press release says we are getting. This is not me being a smart ass, I genuinely would like to know what you think an acceptable raise would be.
To sell out future teamsters with this second class driver crap? I dunno, maybe 20 dollars and a 401k match all the way up to the limit.

F

Frankie's Friend

If we still offered better service than everyone else and people were willing to pay a little more that would be one thing but we are no better than anyone else anymore.
Because of management's dispatch and implementing ORION.
Our service providers service is awesome but management is the one who decides to screw our customers for so called logistics issues.

Is your white shirt ironed and are you ready for the pcm fun fact?

Troll.

Yaba Daba Do

To sell out future teamsters with this second class driver crap? I dunno, maybe 20 dollars and a 401k match all the way up to the limit.
LOL. So we would be making almost $60/hr with a 401K match and not have to pay for our healthcare. I'm nominating you for the next CEO. We may only be in business for 5 more years but at least we would be able to put some money way first.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
LOL. So we would be making almost $60/hr with a 401K match and not have to pay for our healthcare. I'm nominating you for the next CEO. We may only be in business for 5 more years but at least we would be able to put some money way first.
Yes there's a high price to get me to sell out future teamsters with this BS second class driver crap that will destroy the union.

What will it cost to get you to sell out your brothers? $4.15? That's pretty sad.

Yaba Daba Do

Because of management's dispatch and implementing ORION.
Our service providers service is awesome but management is the one who decides to screw our customers for so called logistics issues.

Is your white shirt ironed and are you ready for the pcm fun fact?

Troll.
I agree with you, as i have said this in previous posts. I am no fan of current management and have no problem voting no or going on strike because of many of the other issues but our total compensation isn't one of them.

ManInBrown

Orion, your heaviest day was 190 packages. I didn't have less than 300 once last week. Furthermore, more than three times last week I had over 200 stops and never once had less than 40 signatures or CIR's!

One of the FedEx trucks on my route has 2 people in it on a weekly basis. I am sure its used for training. When 1 see 2 in that truck I know for a fact later in the day they will "conveniently" be at one of my stops and I always see 1 guy pointing at my truck when I open the rear door or bulkhead door. I then hear an, "Oh my god," or, "damn!" I am sure the conversation then goes: 1. "see it could be worse, you could work for brown." or 2. "Aren't you glad its never that bad."
Or even less than that!

Here's a snapshot of my hours a month ago

View attachment 198893
No OT pay or other bennies compared to brown compensation for your package delivery drivers

Yeah no offense Orion but at UPS 190 packages per day doesn’t even exist unless you’re in the boonies of the Northwest. Most routes do 350-450 a day. When I was in package 190 packages on my route would have been a 6 hour day. It never happened, ever.

Yaba Daba Do

Yes there's a high price to get me to sell out future teamsters with this BS second class driver crap that will destroy the union.

What will it cost to get you to sell out your brothers? $4.15? That's pretty sad.
For the last time, I have not one time said we should or should not go on strike. People were talking about the $4.15 being insulting and that is the only part of this i have been arguing because I don't agree. The hybrid driver is a perfectly fine conversation to have and if that is your sticking point then by all means vote no. I have absolutely no problem with that. I think if the language is strong enough that it prevents UPS from abusing it and they in no way can replace regular full time drivers with hybrids then it would be a nice opportunity for people that want to become a regular full time driver or it would be another option for someone that just doesn't want to work in the hub for 8 hours. It would also be a way to cut down on excessive OT and Saturday or Sunday work as both have been big issues with members. We all know how UPS is with things like this or just contract issues in general so that's why I said thelanguage has t be strong enough to prevent them from abusing it not just giving them a slap on the wrist after they have already violated the contract.

Yaba Daba Do

Yeah no offense Orion but at UPS 190 packages per day doesn’t even exist unless you’re in the boonies of the Northwest. Most routes do 350-450 a day. When I was in package 190 packages on my route would have been a 6 hour day. It never happened, ever.
But look at how many hours he worked each day, all for straight time. I'm guessing his miles were crazy. I don't think he was trying to brag about how many packages or stops he had. He was pointing out how long his days were for much less money.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
For the last time
Promise?
it would be a nice opportunity for people that want to become a regular full time driver or it would be another option for someone that just doesn't want to work in the hub for 8 hours. It would also be a way to cut down on excessive OT and Saturday or Sunday work as both have been big issues with members.
Hiring more full time drivers under the current pay structure fixes every problem you just listed. There is ZERO reason to pay ground drivers less. It's a concession, that's all there is to it.

Yaba Daba Do

Hiring more full time drivers under the current pay structure fixes every problem you just listed. There is ZERO reason to pay ground drivers less. It's a concession, that's all there is to it.
That is a legitimate reason to vote no. I will wait to see the language before i decide but I have no problem with anyone voting no over the hybrid driver issue.

F

Frankie's Friend

For the last time, I have not one time said we should or should not go on strike. People were talking about the $4.15 being insulting and that is the only part of this i have been arguing because I don't agree. The hybrid driver is a perfectly fine conversation to have and if that is your sticking point then by all means vote no. I have absolutely no problem with that. I think if the language is strong enough that it prevents UPS from abusing it and they in no way can replace regular full time drivers with hybrids then it would be a nice opportunity for people that want to become a regular full time driver or it would be another option for someone that just doesn't want to work in the hub for 8 hours. It would also be a way to cut down on excessive OT and Saturday or Sunday work as both have been big issues with members. We all know how UPS is with things like this or just contract issues in general so that's why I said thelanguage has t be strong enough to prevent them from abusing it not just giving them a slap on the wrist after they have already violated the contract.
Pure speculation.