UPS Agrees To Purchase Overnite

B

brett636

Blue/Gray- I believe you are right in that overnite and UPS will probably not mix. If the teamsters had to strike though, I would not be surprised to have some overnite drivers asked to drive UPS trucks during the strike.

O

ok2bclever

UPS has a long, long history of violating this section of the contract of moving trailers with nonUPS contractors, especially, but certainly not limited to the Christmas season.

Now that they actually own a freight company you don't think there is any chance that they might not abuse this situation?

Within the confines of becoming a fellow UPS employee, welcome, but you are very naive B/G regarding this topic as you have no experience with the company.

You

Within the confines of will work as directed.
biggrin.gif

T

tammy12

i live in richmond va overnite has better retirement than my wife that is a teamster. healthcare is good at overnite pay is less but they get at least two bonus a year not much reason for them to become union

O

over9five

I want to know if you Overnite people are going to CROSS OUR PICKET LINES in 2008.

B

brett636

over9five- I wonder what that would make them if they did. They couldn't be scabs because they aren't part of the union.

In any case I doubt they will have much of a choice.