UPS and Guns

T

therodog

UP$ should watchout and not be like ConocoPhillips,Or it can really hurt them.....

Barrett friend irearms M fg ., I nc
Endorses NRA Boycott of ConocoPhillips

Tennessee is not Oklahoma and Barrett is not an oil company Barrett employees always have and always will come to work armed if they so wish as long as they have the Tennessee state-mandated carry permit.
Ronnie Barrett, President of Barrett Firearms, neither encourages nor discourages the practice but recognizes it as right guaranteed under the U.S. Constitution for all citizens. The fact that many employees do keep a handgun on their person at work naturally plays a part of the physical security for the facility.

Like most states, the tradition of hunting run strong in Tennessee and during those seasons many of the employees legally keep their hunting rifles and shotguns in their cars and trucks at work.

In over 22 years of employees exercising this constitutional right there has never been an incident involving the discharge of a personal owned firearm.

Ronnie Barrett encourages all citizens to follow the NRA position and boycott any company that violates the law, and particularly this, the sinister attempt of citizen control though violations of our basic freedoms.

God Bless our country and the U.S. Constitution.

S

switchoff

I would hate to see some of my nutcase co-workers come into work with guns. On top of that, I can't imagine anyone coming into work packing heat be asked/forced to do more than 60 stops per day.

D

dannyboy

I think you ought to be able to carry guns any where you want legally. If you have a permit to carry, why not carry one on a plane?

You think for one minute that the nut cases that took the planes into the worlds trade center would have been able to carry out that feat with several armed men on board.

And spare me the crap about disarming the passengers. A terrorist trained at our marine corp traing centers could make at least 100 different deadly weapons from items allready on the air plane. They dont need to carry one on.

So go ahead America, take the nail clippers away from the 87 year old grandmother. HEck take the diaper pins out of the babies diapers. What a crock.

Determined men can accomplish anything. That holds true for doing good or doing something dastardly. At least allow us to defend ourselves.

d

R

rushfan

I like seeing the old man who was asked to get out of his wheelchair. He was ahead of me when I last flew. What a joke. What that has to do with packing heat, i don't know.

(Message edited by rushfan on August 20, 2005)

C

camsdad

UPS Pilots carry guns in the cockpit. You never know when a box full of toy soldiers might attack or a box of Barbie dolls might be PMSing in the cargo hold. I hear the NDA letters are the worst. Thankfully they have protection.

D

dannyboy

Cams

Are you forgetting the idiot that boxed himself up and shipped himself? Couple that with a 747 loaded with fuel for an overseas flight or one to cal and you have exactly what went on in new york.

d

T

therodog

this story is about keeping your gun in the car, on company property. A new federal law is trying to go into effect to allow, even if company policy has a no gun policy, etc. Another law that went into effect in FL was the "Florida Castle Doctrine".....

Florida "Castle Doctrine" Protects the Innocent

Puts Judiciary on the side of crime victims
News media gets it completely wrong

On March 23, 2005, The Florida Senate passed SB-436, the "Castle Doctrine" unanimously, by a vote of 39 YEAS to zero NAYS. They know something about this bill.

On April 5, The Florida House passed SB-436, "Castle Doctrine" by a vote of 94 YEAS to 20 NAYS, a margin of better than four to one.

On April 26, Governor Jeb Bush SIGNED SB-436, the "Castle Doctrine" into law (Chapter No. 2005-27) It takes effect on October 1, 2005.

The news media nationwide started in immediately with its Gunshine State, blood in the streets, Dirty Harry, vigilante, irrational mass murder nonsense, mythologies, lies and blatant unethical behavior.

A great deal of erroneous information has been written, published and spoken about Florida's new "Castle Doctrine" law.

Claims that the new law will turn Florida into the Wild West are not only an insult to intelligent people but give a patently false portrait of what the bill actually does.

The Florida "Castle Doctrine" law basically does three things:

One: It establishes, in law, the presumption that a criminal who forcibly enters or intrudes into your home or occupied vehicle is there to cause death or great bodily harm, therefore a person may use any manner of force, including deadly force, against that person.

Two: It removes the "duty to retreat" if you are attacked in any place you have a right to be. You no longer have to turn your back on a criminal and try to run when attacked. Instead, you may stand your ground and fight back, meeting force with force, including deadly force, if you reasonably believe it is necessary to prevent death or great bodily harm to yourself or others. [This is an American right repeatedly recognized in Supreme Court gun cases.]

Three: It provides that persons using force authorized by law shall not be prosecuted for using such force.

It also prohibits criminals and their families from suing victims for injuring or killing the criminals who have attacked them.

In short, it gives rights back to law-abiding people and forces judges and prosecutors who are prone to coddling criminals to instead focus on protecting victims.

SO -- is this the impression you got from the news? Why not? Arent media people impartial purveyors of objective facts, with no bias or spin, faithfully and accurately reporting the news? Everyone who believes thats an accurate description of the news media please raise your hand. See? No hands go up. Despite their protests otherwise, the news media has, in general, and especially with respect to gun issues, become an outrageous purveyor of agenda-driven nonsense on the dark side of the force.

O

over9five

Agree with Proups on that. We work too hard in a dangerous environment. Crawling thru loads, bumping into boxes. Way too much chance of a gun simply becoming dislodged from a holster.

But I also agree with Floridas Castle Doctrine. No way should you have to abandon your home, property and loved ones to an intruder. Empty the clip!

P

proups

"Empty the clip." I absolutely agree with that. I don't own a gun, but you better believe that if I did, and an intruder entered my home, I would put a Dirty Harry on them in a minute.

T

toonertoo

I am not offended. I love it. Hope it passes Nationwide. Too much leniency given to criminals. Not enough given to law abiding citizens. If someone wants to violate your rights, let them wonder what will happen. Like they used to do, when crime was much lower. When men were allowed to be men, and not "afraid " if they would go to jail for protecting themselves, their families or their property.

O

over9five

Susie means the "White Pride" picture by his name.

I'm not offended.

I've seen "Black Pride" before. Strange how that is completely acceptable but "White Pride" isn't.

G

gman

Keep in mind that if you use that gun against what "YOU" think is a life threatening condition, and the judge doesn't see it that way, you become the criminal. Even if someone comes into your home, you do not have the right to blow him away. I've been in that situation and thank God I didn't kill the 15 year old kid at 3 in the morning in my kitchen. And even if you don't go to jail, the legal fees will bankrupt you.

I'd rather see handguns outlawed. Look at the death rate here as compared to England or Canada. I've had to stare down the barrel of a 9mm when I was robbed on route. I don't think I want to have a shoot out. That clown had nothing to lose. I do. But all you NRA fans are afraid of Big Brother. Guess what. He's already got you right where he wants you. You just don't know it yet.

(Message edited by gman on August 21, 2005)

U

upsdude

Back in my days as a police officer we had a saying,

"I'd rather be tried by 12 than carried by 6"

I LIVE by that saying to this day.

P

pd109

gman,I`m in Canada and I wish your president would wake up and regulate guns to police officers,security,and registered hunters or members of a gun club.
its not 1797...I think there should be a amnesty where you`d get money for all your old guns,or a break on your income tax.There`s too many guns in the United States.No matter how hard they try,they can`t stop the gun smugglers from bringing them into Canada.The gangs are growing here because New York thugs are seeking membership in exchange for guns or protection.And a lot of the young black kids are falling for it.A 4 year old kid was shot 3 times in a drive by awhile ago...and you can be sure of one thing,the shooters didn`t buy it at Canadian Tire.

U

upsdude

gman,I`m in Canada and I wish your president would wake up and regulate guns to police officers,security,and registered hunters or members of a gun club.

Thankfully we have a document called the Constitution, which gives me the right to defend myself with a firearm. If all those NY thugs keep crossing your border, you may want to lobby your government for the same right. No wait, how can these folks bring guns to Canada? Isnt that illegal? Hum, doesnt that keep you, the law abiding citizen, from defending yourself? Bummer.

S

susiedriver

I need me one of these!

I saw them used for 'ethnic cleansing' in Bosnia.

How does I join up with the militia?