UPS and Guns

D

dannyboy

What? I know you read my post. I think it was a very racist remark. And here it is you are complaining about the white power avitar? Boy do you know how to talk out of both sides of your mouth.

I would bet with talent like that you must be a district manager at least.

As for the avitar, any organization that attempts to divide people according to race I find disgusting. And I dont care what race they seem to prefer.

d

S

switchoff

Two fathers and a rabbi decided to go swimming in a local lake one HOT day. So, they stripped and went swimming. As they were getting out, some ladies were strolling by the lake. One father yelled, "Cover your privates!" So both fathers covered that area, but the rabbi covered his face. Later, the other father asked, "Why did you cover your face?" The rabbi answered, "I don't know about you two, but it'd be my face they'd recognise."

Seems like this thread is getting a little heated, so I thought I would throw a joke in here during the intermission.

Now...please continue with the debate about guns, racism, politics, abortion, and PAS. I'm going to down a beer and watch some T.V.

U

upsdude

"Abortion?? Did I miss that?"

Quiet! They like that part of the constitution.

switchoff....

Thanks!

No Beer, just bed for me. I need to get ready for a low volumn Monday and the 10 hour day that goes with it.

(Message edited by upsdude on August 21, 2005)

D

dannyboy

susiedriver

"You don't seem to get it."

IS it just me, or is it you that cant seem to get a good grasp on reality?

d PS Still waiting on when you saw the 50cal used in ethinc cleansing, and your withdrawal of the racist remark.

P

proups

White power, Black power.....is what keeps this country of ours interesting for the very few that believe in it. I believe in equal power.

Guns can't be outlawed - many of my deer hunting friends would have no reason to get up at 4AM and sit in a tree stand, most of that time freezing their a@# off!

G

gman

Doesn't it say something in the Constitution about about blacks being only 2/3 a man and Indians don't count at all. Or maybe the Bill of rights thing. Yea, the Constitution is the Bible of American conservatives. Absolutely infalable. No need to alter that baby for any reason.

D

dannyboy

I guess they should outlaw guns. They have this great propensity to go off all on their own if you believe all the critics.

Glad congress has enacted protection for the makers of guns to protect them from our frivolous judicial system.

Before they outlaw guns though, they need to outlaw smoking, alcohol of all kinds, and stupidity. Anyone of those three kill more people than guns each year. And while we are at it ban, axes and knives of all types. They are used in many crimes also. And while we are asking the gooberment to protect us from ourselves, lets do away with cars, matches and a whole list of other things that could cause us to hurt ourselves.

I know its not 1776. But the ownership of guns has nothing to do with the time frame. It has to do with responsibility. And that is the cornerstone of what our country is founded on. Its not the guns fault that you shot someone, its yours. People want to blame their actions on everyone and everything else but what they should blame it on. IF you dont believe me, read the unitedway thread.

And whoever the basket case is that figured that a hate crime was worse than just a crime needs to be taken out to the woodshed for some common sense. After all, think about it, how many people kill someone else out of love. Most of the murders that have been committed have been because the criminal hates someone else enough to take an illegal action. The bill in itself is racist, in that it gives more punishment to the criminal if you are a certain race or other profile. Each victim is the same, and each criminal is the same. Lock them up and throw away the key, or if warranted, dish out the death penalty.

Under the law the way it is now, a pedophile can rape and kill two 8 year old girls and because one is of a different color or race, he will get into more trouble for that crime than the other? How stupid. The very legal system that we have to keep racism from occurring is supporting racism to the extreme.

And some of the worst race crimes I have seen have been done by criminals on members of thier same race. So how do you deal with that?

d

(Message edited by dannyboy on August 22, 2005)

S

susiedriver

Full-scale war broke out in Kosovo in March 1999. The Serbian and Yugoslav forces launched a ferocious offensive against the KLA in response to its terrorist attacks against Serb civilians by the KLA with the stated aim of creating an ethnically-pure Albanian Kosovo, and domination and corruption of local Government through via Mafia-type activity. The KLA financed itself through gun-running, smuggling, human-trafficking and the Heroin trade.

D

dannyboy

OK, reading from the newsclippings. You stated you saw those ole nasty 50cals doing ethnic cleasing. Your post has nothing to do with the question I asked.

d

G

gman

Article II -
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall NOT be infringed."

Clause 15: To provide for calling forth the Militia to execute the Laws of the Union, suppress Insurrections and repel Invasions;

Clause 16: To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

I don't know, maybe I'm missing something. All this seems to say that members of a Militia have the right to carry arms. So if you are a sworn member of a Militia, then by all means carry your weapon. But that militia is now what is known as the United States Armed Forces. So if you want to carry your gun, carry it to Iraq or Afghanistan. I hear they are looking for a few good men.

S

susiedriver

danny,

I saw it on my television screens, I wasn't in Kosovo(duh). I do know how to read, and follow international news from sources other than Fox.

D

dannyboy

"and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States"

Gman, that part of them is what has become the army, not the whole. Obviously your political bent kept you from reading the whole sentence and understanding the concept. The rest that is not in the active military is comprised of those of us that are willing to defend this country from whatever threat, both domestic and abroad.

That would include those that try to force international law upon the citizens of the USA to the exclusion of our constitution.

"So if you are a sworn member of a Militia" I dont believe the word sworn is in there anywhere. So that would be your take on what it says. But it doesn't. The states have a right to have their own militia, separate from the federal goverments. This would include but not be limmited to the state police. Then local governments also have the right to have their own militia if they feel the need.

Susie

"I saw it on my television screens" ???????????? You saw someone using one of these sniper rifles on TV doing ethnic cleansing? Really???? Maybe you better take a repeat look at the clips you saw. Those nasty little AK's have killed more people that most any other gun in the world, and they are made right next door and are much cheaper to buy. So is the ammunition used, and as with all ethnic cleansing, economy when killing is a large consideration. Remember, ethnic cleansing is the large scale elimination of a race of population of peoples, not killing one or two people at a time. Also they fire many more rounds in the same amount of time that the 50 cal can.

So you think that Fox lies when they show video or broadcast news? And CNN and others give a balanced look at what is really going on? And I bet you dont believe all the service men and women that are coming back from Iraq that say we are doing a great job over there and we should stay till we finish what we started?

How funny.
d

(Message edited by dannyboy on August 22, 2005)

G

gman

Actually, the site I was reading doesn't have that sentence. Perhaps I missed it but I can not find it.

http://www.law.ou.edu/hist/constitution/

Unfortunately, the very same gun you hold to protect your Constitution will be the same one you may one day use to attack it when things don't go your way.
For example, the criminals have too many rights. Those rights are Constitutional rights. Innocent until proven guilty, unlike so many drivers who are guilty until they can prove themselves innocent.

(Message edited by gman on August 22, 2005)

G

gman

"The states have a right to have their own militia, separate from the federal goverments. This would include but not be limmited to the state police. Then local governments also have the right to have their own militia if they feel the need."

Wouldn't that be the National Guard? I would say both the gaurd and the State Police are, as I said, an organized force who have agreed to some kind of, if not oath, an agreement, and have put their signature to it.

And where does it "say" this in these words in the Constitution. That would be your take and unfortunately the veiw of others who may or may not be correct in their assumption. On the other hand, the Constitution is always open to ammendments and hopefully, and eventually we will become a truely civilized society and eliminate the right to carry a weapon that can kill another human being just because we have the power to do so.

Thankfully, the guy that put the gun to my head wasn't crazy enough to use it. I'd rather he didn't have it at all. I haven't read to many stories about accidental drive by knifeings.

I wonder if, had everyone been put in my position, would they still think handguns should be legal. The legalization of them is just as much a proliferation of weaponry as the nuclear weapons in the cold war. The thinking then was if I have more than you, you won't attack me. The differance is those were inteligent, civilized men. Joe Blow the gun collector may not be so hesitant to use his weapon of choice.

Anyway, my experience is what drives me, not any political agenda. I'm also anti abortion so don't throw me into some Liberal heap just because I don't like haveing guns pressed against my forehead. I'm not a very good debator so I guess we will just have to agree to disagree.

Peace!

(Message edited by gman on August 22, 2005)

G

gman

Danny,
On another note, I'm coming through Tennessee and Chattanooga Thursday. Any site seeing recomendations for a little half day visit as I head to Atlanta??

G

gman

Anti hand gun, yes. And I guess I don't care much for the automatic assult weapons either. Just a personal preference. I don't like having them used on me and don't want one in my home.