UPS and Teamsters Discuss Two-Tier Wages, Sunday Deliveries---WSJ

Returntosender

pension.jpg

35years

Gravy route
Average retirement age in the US is 63. Life expectancy in US is 78.74 years (in 2015,last data available.)

Most people do NOT live about 25 years after retirement. Not even close!
But that life expectantcy number goes up based on how long you have actually lived.

"Life expectancy figures include those who die from all reasons and at all ages – whether young or old, by accident, illness, or natural causes. So a life expectancy of 78.7 years from birth takes into account everybody – those who pass away in their childhood or youth

According to the American Academy of Actuaries, who compile the statistics used by life insurance companies, a 21-year-old non-smoking male in good health is expected to live to 80. A 60-year old non-smoking male in good health is expected to live to age 84. And for those men who have lived to age 84 already? Actuarial math projects they may live to age 92.5. And those that do live until 92 are likely to reach 96, and so on."

Life Expectancy in America (You'll Live Longer Than You Think!) |

The life expectancy of a 63 year old male non-smoker in good (but not superior) heath is......85.

My personal life expectancy is is 84. I plan to retire at 62...UPS/IBT plan.
At 62, monthly payment is $5,050 per month x 22 years= $1,333,200.

Last edited:

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
But that life expectantcy number goes up based on how long you have actually lived.

"Life expectancy figures include those who die from all reasons and at all ages – whether young or old, by accident, illness, or natural causes. So a life expectancy of 78.7 years from birth takes into account everybody – those who pass away in their childhood or youth

According to the American Academy of Actuaries, who compile the statistics used by life insurance companies, a 21-year-old non-smoking male in good health is expected to live to 80. A 60-year old non-smoking male in good health is expected to live to age 84. And for those men who have lived to age 84 already? Actuarial math projects they may live to age 92.5. And those that do live until 92 are likely to reach 96, and so on."

Life Expectancy in America (You'll Live Longer Than You Think!) |

The life expectancy of a 63 year old male non-smoker in good (but not superior) heath is......85.

My personal life expectancy is is 84. I plan to retire at 62...UPS/IBT plan.
At 62, monthly payment is $5,050 per month x 22 years= $1,333,200.
I'm supposed to go at 84 also. Quit at 52. I'm at 36K a year. If I get 32 years it will be $1,152,000.
Hey, if you get a million before you croak, I figure you won. Hope we make it.