UPS as a "role model" for safety?

Poop Head

Judge me.
48 years how old are you dude. im at 45 years and age 64. you a feeder, pkg or inside? its kind of fun isnt it, to make up, for a few years ,for all the stupid :censored2: we did when we were younger. like run, work insanely, get intimidated by idiot uneducated supervisors. having a fun time,for a while anyway, ignoring everything the idiots say and just watching my pension rise
I love you, and all the guys like you!

Heavy Package

images

Boywondr

The truth never changes.
I believe many businesses admire our regimentation over the years.

If they only knew that service (pieces and stops per hour) mostly takes place over safety.

Sounds good. "SAFETY FIRST!".
Say it really fast over and over and it will rearrange the unbonded ions in the dirt on your windows and mirrors causing the filth to blow off!
8f126ff00c7be2c7cfd83f60cf73b944.gif

Overpaid Union Thug

Laughable as I watch carwash park pkg cars in front fire hydrants and in fire lanes

all over the facility. Mechanics too. With nary a concern. And as I watch 0 time

experience on roads teach 0 time experience rookies. Why in the world would

fire departments use our safety model? No way any of these folks have ever looked

at what really happens day to day. Oh, our "Smith model" looks good on paper,

but that's not what is happening.

upload_2020-1-12_19-15-17.gif

5Cube4Life

Laughable as I watch carwash park pkg cars in front fire hydrants and in fire lanes

all over the facility. Mechanics too. With nary a concern. And as I watch 0 time

experience on roads teach 0 time experience rookies. Why in the world would

fire departments use our safety model? No way any of these folks have ever looked

at what really happens day to day. Oh, our "Smith model" looks good on paper,

but that's not what is happening.
Just because employees don't follow UPS safety training and driving training doesn't mean it's not a good system to follow. The Smith System of driving is a very good training to use and follow. Many companies use it, even drivers training classes.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Just because employees don't follow UPS safety training and driving training doesn't mean it's not a good system to follow. The Smith System of driving is a very good training to use and follow. Many companies use it, even drivers training classes.
How long have you been on the Safety Committee in your work group???

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
"But I don't wanna skrew up the "safe work days" streak"
I hurt my back a few years back on the clock, on a Wednesday.

One of the safety gerbils actually asked me on Thursday, while I was on TAW with complete restrictions, if I was going to bring in donuts on Friday, since I "ruined it for the rest of Center".
He got an earful until he retired, several years later.

....what a dick.