UPS Auctions lost packages ? Stats on lost packages?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

oldngray

nowhere special
Come on Cos you’re a mod now

Flex your mod muscles
mod.jpeg

john chesney

I was wondering what the statistics are for lost packages in an average city? I read this article saying that ups auctions off lost packages and unclaimed package inventory. I'm curious what amount of stuff is actually lost and sold.

UPS “Lost” This Guy’s Package, Then He Found It On eBay After It Was Auctioned By UPS

Also curious how much money they make from auctioning off stuff each year?
Listen I’m retired but nobody working at ups right now gives a :censored2: about lost packages. They’re all trying not to drop over dead in the heat. They’re worried about their ball sack being so chafed it feels like a blow torch is on them. I’m retired and got nothing to do and don’t give a :censored2: either

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I was wondering what the statistics are for lost packages in an average city? I read this article saying that ups auctions off lost packages and unclaimed package inventory. I'm curious what amount of stuff is actually lost and sold.

UPS “Lost” This Guy’s Package, Then He Found It On eBay After It Was Auctioned By UPS

Also curious how much money they make from auctioning off stuff each year?
Fake news Vlad. They don't auction off individual lost packages. They contract it out to a salvage auction company. I doubt they make much money on the lost package salvage because UPS will pay for those lost packages to the shipper

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I rather not be compensated and wait for an investigation. I dont sell vintage computers because they make lots of money. Its a side project that I take pride in. So knowing there is a vintage machine on someones desk is the point.

But it seems like they just compensate me and my poor computer ends up ....what getting put in the garbage a year down the road when its found?
Good lord are you still crying over your lost Commodore 64 "vintage " computer?
homer-simpson-nerd-gif-5.gif

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Imagine a world, where shippers packaged their shipments as if they wanted their merchandise to arrive at its destination the same way they sent it out...... There would be padding galore, more tape, address of the recipient INSIDE the package as well as outside. Just imagine.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
If UPS can't figure out where they go or pays for a damage, that package is considered Overgoods. Damages and packages with no labels are sold to a private company for pennies on the dollar. That company then resells them.