UPS Benefits - Car Discounts (On Topic)

Utility81

It really depends on what brand you are buying. I got my "$31k" F150 a few years ago for $26k without the company discount. Fords are heavily discounted from MSRP and that's just the way they've always been. How great of a deal you will actually get with the company discount will really vary depending on the manufacturer.

As someone else pointed out, financing will affect how much you pay the most. Credit unions are probably the best place to go for auto financing(unless the dealer has a special zero percent thing going on).
Also, dont negotiate with the dealer using a monthly payment. They will just play with the numbers like another company I know of... Come in with financing beforehand. Do your research and you could save some serious beer money.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
It really depends on what brand you are buying. I got my "$31k" F150 a few years ago for $26k without the company discount. Fords are heavily discounted from MSRP and that's just the way they've always been. How great of a deal you will actually get with the company discount will really vary depending on the manufacturer.

As someone else pointed out, financing will affect how much you pay the most. Credit unions are probably the best place to go for auto financing(unless the dealer has a special zero percent thing going on).
Also, dont negotiate with the dealer using a monthly payment. They will just play with the numbers like another company I know of... Come in with financing beforehand. Do your research and you could save some serious beer money.

Any large pickup or SUV from any manufacturer is a high profit item for them. That's why you will see deep discounts offered.

And, yes. Get pre-approved for what you are willing to spend or can afford. Then, go make the deal letting the dealer think you will be using their financing.

brostalss

GM Supplier Discount lets you build your car and see the price. Done this twice and very happy with the discount and results.

Currently have a Lincoln MKZ Black Label Series on order through the Ford X Plan which we qualify for. Saving a few thousand off the regular price of the car.

I custom build and order my new cars. I get what I want and have the patience to wait 6 to 8 weeks for it to come from the factory juust for me.

It's worth a look.