UPS CUTS PART-TIME WORKERS PAY BY 1/3

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
Why does it have to be about who or what went through? This IS the true disconnect. You literally prove my point of crab mentality within the union. I think it is bullcrap how they paid and treated you old timers considering the company got along just fine and continues to cut corners and sell off our work.
This isn’t crabs in a bucket mentality. This is me getting pissed at people that want the perks without the work. Stop trying to skip the queue. Put your time in like every single one of the guys had to do in front of you. We all had a mountain to climb you aren’t special.

From a Land Brown Under

This isn’t crabs in a bucket mentality. This is me getting pissed at people that want the perks without the work. Stop trying to skip the queue. Put your time in like every single one of the guys had to do in front of you. We all had a mountain to climb you aren’t special.
You need to look at the reality as it is now. The labour market isn't the same and this message won't resinate with younger people who, as it stands, cannot even afford to have kids for a next generation. Crab mentality or out of touch with reality.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
fed ex is hiring
Address: 2980 Centerpointe East Drive
City: Prescott
State: Arizona
Zip Code: 86301
Domicile Location: FXG-US/USA/P863/Prescott Location
Additional Location Information: Earn up to $13.80 an hour! We are looking for package handlers to support our operation. Start time is typically 3:00 AM and usually lasts 3-5 hours on a 5 day schedule with Sunday and 1 additional day off(if wanted). Can be described as "A paid workout that also supplies benefits." Tuition reimbursement and multiple FedEx discounts start day one of employment. Health, dental and vision benefits start after 90 days of employment.

From a Land Brown Under

fed ex is hiring
Address: 2980 Centerpointe East Drive
City: Prescott
State: Arizona
Zip Code: 86301
Domicile Location: FXG-US/USA/P863/Prescott Location
Additional Location Information: Earn up to $13.80 an hour! We are looking for package handlers to support our operation. Start time is typically 3:00 AM and usually lasts 3-5 hours on a 5 day schedule with Sunday and 1 additional day off(if wanted). Can be described as "A paid workout that also supplies benefits." Tuition reimbursement and multiple FedEx discounts start day one of employment. Health, dental and vision benefits start after 90 days of employment.
Look man you all need to understand that some people are going to grit and bear with it to full time, but don't have to accept with what stands now or will be in the future. Part time makes a majority of work and will make and break a package drivers route and or put a feeder driver in danger loading when they don't segregate explosive boxes from butane filled boxes due to not caring or negligence.

Yeet

You need to look at the reality as it is now. The labour market isn't the same and this message won't resinate with younger people who, as it stands, cannot even afford to have kids for a next generation. Crab mentality or out of touch with reality.
Man if I’m being honest I don’t care if it “resonates with todays youth.” Maybe that’s the problem with todays youth, they are short sighted and don’t listen. I lived paycheck to paycheck and robbed Peter to pay Paul for 15 years all while being married with two kids. Finally I’m starting to see the fruits of my labor. It wasn’t fast and it wasn’t easy but I did it. I made it, so can they.

Last edited:

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It’s “resonate” and what young people also don’t understand is....it’s not all about the wage. Amazon (depending on location) is paying $22 an hour. With ZERO job security. They work them like Hebrew slaves....but you take too many bathroom breaks...you’re fired for TOT (time off task) after one write up. Or fired for calling in sick when they have no time off available. Then they can go work at Wendy’s.

Last edited:

Yeet

It’s “resonate” and what young people also don’t understand is....it’s not all about the wage. Amazon (depending on location) is paying $22 an hour. With ZERO job security. You take too many bathroom breaks...you’re fired for TOT (time off task) after one write up. Then they can go work at Wendy’s.
They are short sighted. They also don’t see the huge benefit they have with free health insurance. “I don’t need it now, so it doesn’t matter.” I don’t know where this generation got their attitude that they are owed the same things that a man that has worked his ass off for decades has.

Last edited:

From a Land Brown Under

It’s “resonate” and what young people also don’t understand is....it’s not all about the wage. Amazon (depending on location) is paying $22 an hour. With ZERO job security. You take too many bathroom breaks...you’re fired for TOT (time off task) after one write up. Then they can go work at Wendy’s.
All of this would mean a shoot if PT employees could benefit from the union but as it stands in our local and in RTW states in general, hard to see this even falling on ears of young people.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
They are short sited. They also don’t see the huge benefit they have with free health insurance. “I don’t need it now, so it doesn’t matter.” I don’t know where this generation got their attitude that they should have the same things a man that has worked his ass off for decades has.
“You make 100k a year??? You’re lucky!” (Said to me by an 18 year old idiot)
What contest in hell did I win? Like we applied, walked in the building and someone hands us a pile of money. Sure...

From a Land Brown Under

“You make 100k a year??? You’re lucky!” (Said to me by an 18 year old idiot)
What contest in hell did I win? Like we applied, walked in the building and someone hands us a pile of money. Sure...
I think this whole thread shows why UPS does what it does and is able to laugh back and watch us all argue who has it better or not and why we get treated as a joke. They let us do all the infighting ourselves. Cheers. I want the best for all my brothers and sisters and think it is crap they all got away with treating the people before me. You guys can talk like management and say what you think people are owed like corporate fat cats do saying how "lucky" we are to have a living wage and health insurance. Almost like unions in 1920s died and spilled blood for that right or something. Crazy.

Yeet

I think this whole thread shows why UPS does what it does and is able to laugh back and watch us all argue who has it better or not and why we get treated as a joke. They let us do all the infighting ourselves. Cheers. I want the best for all my brothers and sisters and think it is crap they all got away with treating the people before me. You guys can talk like management and say what you think people are owed like corporate fat cats do saying how "lucky" we are to have a living wage and health insurance. Almost like unions in 1920s died and spilled blood for that right or something. Crazy.
Stop trying to be a martyr dude. You don’t give a damn about anyone before you the only thing you care about is the numbers on YOUR paycheck are lacking.

Yes all 22.4 layed off starting tuesday next week in my building. At least 20 guys. They will be provided saturday work driving but the rest of the week they will be them bumping the preload/local sort or finding another job.
So, then the preload/local sort is being laid off, really. Inside work is in the 22.4 job description, so they should still be guaranteed eight hours and keep their pay rate.

Yeet

I have a solution. PT’ers don’t care about health insurance, just the number on their paychecks. Take away PT health insurance with the next contract and give them a pay bump. It’s rare for part time employees with any other company to get that benefit anyway so get rid of it. Everyone’s happy.

Everyone is expendable
No :censored2:, that's what my post says.

department_of_redundancy_department.JPG