UPS Delivery Driver Full-Time Job questions

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Because I work until 7:30pm during the weekends and he’d still be working. I’d be up late awaiting for his arrival or already fast asleep and he’d feel bad that he’s coming home later than he wants to and missing out on spending time with me before we both fall asleep. And he’d miss out on reading our kid to sleep whenever that time comes.
My son was in bed when I got home. He survived.

agoodfriend

still confused about two different guys
He’s worked a 4am-9am sunrise shift as a package handler for nine years. If he can be tough through that and strong as anything, I have faith he’d be successful as package car driver.

UnionStrong

He’s worked a 4am-9am sunrise shift as a package handler for nine years. If he can be tough through that and strong as anything, I have faith he’d be successful as package car driver.
17B2045A-840D-4CE9-823C-EBA28D1B850F.gif

UnionStrong

My worry is keeping our relationship afloat when he does get the job. Will it feel like a lot more work after he gets the job? Will we be able to stay strong together through it? Will we even last long? What if he gets suddenly moody and shuts down and is secretly exhausted or depressed?
Can’t live in fear.

I love working here, I've never been happier. It's really relative, I've had worse jobs for less pay, and I like this now.

I find it to be a different experience for different folks, kinda like bangin' @UnionStrong's old lady....it’s different when you can reach past the used part.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
Now, 9am-6pm he can work with. 10pm or 11pm would be too much. Especially for him and I.
Run in opposite directions NOW!
These are the benefits he sent me:

Benefits:

• 401(k)
  • 401(k) matching
  • Employee discount
  • Health insurance
  • Life insurance
  • Paid time off
ESPECIALLY the paid time off part I bet.
The missing out is what I’m worried about. Him and I not being able to celebrate holidays anymore and our yearly anniversary, our future baby’s birth, and birthday celebrations. I do want us to grow up and have full time jobs.....should he still go for it? He wants to have a full time job and he’s been unsuccessful after he’s gone to interviews. Maybe this will be his golden ticket.
The folks here have presented, very generously IMO, a sort of road map on what to expect. Digest it with Mammas boy and make a decision. If he has a solid opportunity to become a RPCD he is nuts to not take it. He can always bail out.
BTW, what if he was looking to become a surgeon or a lawyer? You think they work fewer hours?
Do I sound like a needy partner or not really?
Does a fat dog flatulate?
Hahahahahaha! I will never or could EVER do that!
Yes you could. You ABSOLUTELY could.
My worry is keeping our relationship afloat when he does get the job. Will it feel like a lot more work after he gets the job? Will we be able to stay strong together through it? Will we even last long? What if he gets suddenly moody and shuts down and is secretly exhausted or depressed?
You now know what to expect. Plan for all the advice given here and you will have a gift of an advantage. Even with the wit and BB given you've been blessed with real life experience. Your WAY ahead of the game IMO.

agoodfriend

still confused about two different guys
Gonna need the cliffs notes. Not watching 40 minutes of someone talking about the job I do nine hours a day.

So, basically, at the end he said: “if you’re single, this job is a good career because your hours are unpredictable. But if you’re taken or married, this won’t work out.”

Not exactly word for word, but in a way, exactly how he summed up the job for those who are single or taken; and he’s right, along with all of you, as I’ve thought it through realistically.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
So, basically, at the end he said: “if you’re single, this job is a good career because your hours are unpredictable. But if you’re taken or married, this won’t work out.”

Not exactly word for word, but in a way, exactly how he summed up the job for those who are single or taken; and he’s right, along with all of you, as I’ve thought it through realistically.

Plenty of package drivers stay married…as long as their significant other is not controlling and clingy…

UnionStrong

Can’t say you weren’t warned.