UPS Delivery Driver Full-Time Job questions

agoodfriend

still confused about two different guys
I came across a UPS Delivery Driver full time job and I thought it’d be a good suggestion for my boyfriend to apply to. But the description says the driver would be working for eight hours on a flexible schedule Tuesdays to Saturdays and no longer Mondays. What is an eight hour flexible delivery driving schedule like at UPS? What does it look like? Do you only get to work up to eight hours? What was your experience like as a package delivery driver?

agoodfriend

If it is a 22.4 position, he needs to prepare to get used and abused and you need to prepare to deal with barely getting to see your boyfriend anymore. Hope this helps. For the record I voted against the position.
What does 22.4 position mean? I personally wish the description was more detailed

agoodfriend

I’m also wondering what he’d put down for work hours since he’d apparently have a “flexible” work schedule if he’d be interested in applying

This is what description says:
UPS is accepting applications forfull-time Combination Package Delivery Drivers. This is a physical, fast-paced, outdoor position that involves continual lifting, lowering and carrying packages that typically weigh 25 - 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs. A DOT physical exam is required. Package Delivery Drivers must have excellent customer contact and driving skills.Some UPS facilities may require the ability to drive a delivery vehicle with a standard (manual) transmission. Qualified applicants must have a valid driver’s license issued in the state that they live. Package Delivery Drivers are expected to comply with UPS appearance guidelines and wear the company-provided uniform.

Full-time UPS employees work eight or more hours per dayand workdays can vary (Tuesday - Saturday) or (Wednesday - Sunday)depending on the building needs.There is no available work on Monday’s for this position. Some work in the warehouse may be required.

agoodfriend

If it is a 22.4 position, he needs to prepare to get used and abused and you need to prepare to deal with barely getting to see your boyfriend anymore. Hope this helps. For the record I voted against the position.
Brown Biscuit, I’m only asking because I’m curious and I also don’t understand what a 22.4 position means

Brown Biscuit

Blind every day
Combo Driver means 22.4 position. It is a new tier of drivers that has been created that your boyfriend will have to fill in until he can become a full-fledged UPS driver. They are cheaper delivery drivers. Your boyfriend will be doing the same job as me but make $4+ an hour less when he tops out on pay.
continual lifting, lowering and carrying packages that typically weigh 25 - 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs.
LMAOOO hope he can lift 150+

Full-time UPS employees work eight or more hours per dayand workdays can vary
He will be working 6 days a week hitting 60 hours a week almost every time. Management abuses this position. It would be even more if ups could but that is the maximum allowed by the DOT.
There is no available work on Monday’s for this position. Some work in the warehouse may be required.
LMAO ask the guys that have been forced in every Monday for over a year. There isn’t a single 22.4 I know of that has spent one day in the building working.

I don’t recommend this position to anyone unless you have extremely thick skin and see yourself at this job 10 years from now.

agoodfriend

Combo Driver means 22.4 position. It is a new tier of drivers that has been created that your boyfriend will have to fill in until he can become a full-fledged UPS driver. They are cheaper delivery drivers. Your boyfriend will be doing the same job as me but make $4+ an hour less when he tops out on pay.

LMAOOO hope he can lift 150+

He will be working 6 days a week hitting 60 hours a week almost every time. Management abuses this position. It would be even more if ups could but that is the maximum allowed by the DOT.

LMAO ask the guys that have been forced in every Monday for over a year. There isn’t a single 22.4 I know of that has spent one day in the building working.

I don’t recommend this position to anyone unless you have extremely thick skin and see yourself at this job 10 years from now.
Wow! Holy :censored2:!

agoodfriend

So (I apologize for the following example sounding a bit dumb, but I’m asking this because I don’t know anything about working at UPS nor have ever had a job there or how the scheduling goes):

let’s say he puts down that he can work from 10am - 4:30pm or 5pm if he decides to apply for the position and is getting interviewed.....would that be accepted by his boss to be and be part of his delivery driver schedule?

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
I’m also wondering what he’d put down for work hours since he’d apparently have a “flexible” work schedule if he’d be interested in applying

This is what description says:
UPS is accepting applications forfull-time Combination Package Delivery Drivers. This is a physical, fast-paced, outdoor position that involves continual lifting, lowering and carrying packages that typically weigh 25 - 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs. A DOT physical exam is required. Package Delivery Drivers must have excellent customer contact and driving skills.Some UPS facilities may require the ability to drive a delivery vehicle with a standard (manual) transmission. Qualified applicants must have a valid driver’s license issued in the state that they live. Package Delivery Drivers are expected to comply with UPS appearance guidelines and wear the company-provided uniform.

Full-time UPS employees work eight or more hours per dayand workdays can vary (Tuesday - Saturday) or (Wednesday - Sunday)depending on the building needs.There is no available work on Monday’s for this position. Some work in the warehouse may be required.
There are no company appearance standards anymore.

clean hairy

So (I apologize for the following example sounding a bit dumb, but I’m asking this because I don’t know anything about working at UPS nor have ever had a job there or how the scheduling goes):

let’s say he puts down that he can work from 10am - 4:30pm or 5pm if he decides to apply for the position and is getting interviewed.....would that be accepted by his boss to be and be part of his delivery driver schedule?
You get hired working the hours the company wants you to work.
Not by dictating the hours you want to work.

FedUPSer9816

Full Service
I came across a UPS Delivery Driver full time job and I thought it’d be a good suggestion for my boyfriend to apply to. But the description says the driver would be working for eight hours on a flexible schedule Tuesdays to Saturdays and no longer Mondays. What is an eight hour flexible delivery driving schedule like at UPS? What does it look like? Do you only get to work up to eight hours? What was your experience like as a package delivery driver?
Umm, sweetie I'm sure you're a nice GF. Sounds like you have a man child on your hands, why can't your boyfriend come here and ask these questions that would directly affect him? If he isn't motivated to inquire about a job, your pushing and doing it for him isn't going to work. He doesn't seem like a good fit for this job.

Hope this helps.