UPS Delivery Driver Full-Time Job questions

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Most think of quitting every week. It’s a brutal place to work. Good money, benefits, retirement, but you will earn every penny.

UnionStrong

I just have a feeling that as much I enjoy the thought of him being a package car driver, I dread that the reality will be us not lasting very long as a couple.
I retired after 30 years, been married for 37. I missed many things over the years but it gets better with more seniority, better routes, more vacations, and you can always call out for the important stuff. It’ll work if you want it too.

agoodfriend

still confused about two different guys
I retired after 30 years, been married for 37. I missed many things over the years but it gets better with more seniority, better routes, more vacations, and you can always call out for the important stuff. It’ll work if you want it too.
The missing out is what I’m worried about. Him and I not being able to celebrate holidays anymore and our yearly anniversary, our future baby’s birth, and birthday celebrations. I do want us to grow up and have full time jobs.....should he still go for it? He wants to have a full time job and he’s been unsuccessful after he’s gone to interviews. Maybe this will be his golden ticket.

UnionStrong

The missing out is what I’m worried about. Him and I not being able to celebrate holidays anymore and our yearly anniversary, our future baby’s birth, and birthday celebrations. I do want us to grow up and have full time jobs.....should he still go for it? He wants to have a full time job and he’s been unsuccessful after he’s gone to interviews. Maybe this will be his golden ticket.
It could well be a golden ticket. Make sure you both go into it with your eyes open. Many are lured in by the money, but many don’t last. It’s a secure well paying job, as long as you have a good work ethic and thick skin.