UPS Delivery Driver Full-Time Job questions

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
There is a part time package handler job and he’d go for the 4am-9pm shift, knowing him well enough. What if he wouldn’t be feeling good one day with the full time delivery driver job and called out, @retiredTxfeeder?
I would not recommend calling in sick during probationary period. That could send a message that he might be an attendance problem. Even after you gain seniority, UPS is not keen on people missing a lot of work. Plus, you miss a lot of work and your coworkers have to take up the slack.

Tech522

Don't believe everything said here. I'm a 22.4 and do not work many Mondays. During peak, sure, but the rest of the year - not many, and the few that I have, I was dumb enough to answer the phone. Perhaps this varies depending on region, but that's how it's been where I'm at.

agoodfriend

still confused about two different guys
Don't believe everything said here. I'm a 22.4 and do not work many Mondays. During peak, sure, but the rest of the year - not many, and the few that I have, I was dumb enough to answer the phone. Perhaps this varies depending on region, but that's how it's been where I'm at.

Huh? Oh....huh....okay.

SafetyFirst

Man ... I know it's a hard job and definitely not for everyone, but if every potential applicant came here for info on this job there would be zero applicants.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
It's not a bad job but they don't make as much as us. It would also depend on what state you are in and local.
Oh reeeeealy? Who TF does make as much money as you do?
Yeo, I'm envious for sure. Make every dime you can.
I have a part time job, too. Your assumptions - or guess - are really whipping your ass big time.
How did that word get through? Mine NEVER DO?
I'll offer my advice based on many decades and many jobs,no further education and having to rely ONLY on myself since teenage years. I started working at 13yo and have no intention of stopping.
STOP trying to help him get a job. A man should NEVER allow a GF to help him get a job IMO. Let's say he gets a job because of you ok? He will always have this on his mind IF he has any self pride. BTW how old is he and where is he living?
If you are seriously considering marriage tell him that you can't marry him unless he has a stable, good paying, income. Set up a date where you will walk if he doesn't. No marriage will last on love alone.
ALL this talk about sick days makes my buttocks ache. If he's working he should show up to work! Period! NO sick days unless he is literally in need of medical attention. Staying home, when sick, just makes you feel worse. I have plenty more to say about this but maybe I'm just frustrated by today's work "standards".. If I sound harsh just remember, this is far more gentle advice than I gave my own kids and each one of them work like old schoolers struggling for a piece of the pie. They all are in very good financial positions at 30 +-5yrs.
Good luck and step away from the help wanted sites.

BlackFriday

Please remove my account. This forum sucks.
Man ... I know it's a hard job and definitely not for everyone, but if every potential applicant came here for info on this job there would be zero applicants.
Are you saying the prevailing advice given here is inaccurate or misleading? If yes I disagree.
The job of the RPCD is a hard one for sure but damn if it ain't a really good one. That's why they are damn difficult to land.
I agree that there will be dwindling applicants as time goes on. I feel it's because people no longer want to do hard work.

agoodfriend

Oh.....

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
@Challenger, in answer to your questions, he and I are the same age: very late 20s. We’re going to be entering our 30s this new year. He’s living in the same place I’m living in: NY. We’ve been thinking about moving to CT. With his current job, he’s only out one day a month and minus that one day, he’s at work every day for the rest of the month and working his ass off and making money.

Ah, ok, @Red Devil.
You obviously don’t realize that one sick day a month is a lot of days for a UPS driver.

agoodfriend

Umm, sweetie I'm sure you're a nice GF. Sounds like you have a man child on your hands, why can't your boyfriend come here and ask these questions that would directly affect him? If he isn't motivated to inquire about a job, your pushing and doing it for him isn't going to work. He doesn't seem like a good fit for this job.

Hope this helps.

He’s definitely NOT a man child compared to ACTUAL men children.....but I’m slowly realizing that this job may not work out for him.....I pray to God I’m wrong.....

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
@Challenger, in answer to your questions, he and I are the same age: very late 20s. We’re going to be entering our 30s this new year. He’s living in the same place I’m living in: NY. We’ve been thinking about moving to CT. With his current job, he’s only out one day a month and minus that one day, he’s at work every day for the rest of the month and working his ass off and making money.

Ah, ok, @Red Devil.
Get out of the northeast

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

Ah, ok, @Red Devil.
He’s a scab. He’s not a real UPS worker.