UPS Delivery Driver Full-Time Job questions

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
UPS owns your soul, especially the newbies. If you are trying to combine a full time UPS job and a part time job somewhere else, the part time job better be flexible, because UPS won't be. You work till you're done, whatever the time is. They expect you to show up to work every day, and if you call off, you better have at least a compound fracture.

542thruNthru

What are your thoughts on this job I found, @542thruNthru?:

UPS is recruiting individuals to work as Full-Time, Heavy Air Freight Pick-up and Delivery Drivers. This position involves the timely pickup, labeling, loading and delivery of shipments, using the equipment, policies and procedures required by the company. Qualified applicants are required to have a valid class A Commercial Drivers License with a HazMat endorsement. Candidates are required to pass a UPS road test, DOT physical exam and a drug screen. Heavy Air Freight Pick-up and Delivery Drivers must have excellent customer contact and driving skills, including the ability to operate a vehicle equipped with a standard (manual) transmission, lift gates and other material handling equipment. This position could involve driving a tractor-trailer unit to one or more customer locations and returning to the original domicile during the same shift. Heavy Air Freight Pick-up and Delivery Drivers are expected to comply with UPS Cartage Services appearance guidelines. Individuals should be able to work without immediate supervision.
It's UPS Cartage. It's a different company so to speak than what we do. We are UPS small package. No one here will really be able to give you accurate advice or information about the position because we've never done it and I'm willing to bet 80% have never even heard of Cartage on here.

agoodfriend

still confused about two different guys
It's UPS Cartage. It's a different company so to speak than what we do. We are UPS small package. No one here will really be able to give you accurate advice or information about the position because we've never done it and I'm willing to bet 80% have never even heard of Cartage on here.
Thank you for your answer, @542thruNthru. I wasn’t sure if that would be a better job for my boyfriend to apply to than delivery driver or a worse idea.

agoodfriend

UPS owns your soul, especially the newbies. If you are trying to combine a full time UPS job and a part time job somewhere else, the part time job better be flexible, because UPS won't be. You work till you're done, whatever the time is. They expect you to show up to work every day, and if you call off, you better have at least a compound fracture.
There is a part time package handler job and he’d go for the 4am-9pm shift, knowing him well enough. What if he wouldn’t be feeling good one day with the full time delivery driver job and called out, @retiredTxfeeder?

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
@Operational needs, I :censored2:ing care about him and trying to help him out! For :censored2:’s sake! We’ve known each other for eleven years! God, you should meet my friend that’s now in England! She’s more mother-like than I am! But then again, she’s currently pregnant and due in February.
If you care about him, let him be a man and handle his business. If not, you will be “helping”, aka making him co-dependent, the rest of his life.

agoodfriend

If you care about him, let him be a man and handle his business. If not, you will be “helping”, aka making him co-dependent, the rest of his life.

Well, he now has multiple job opportunities before him including his own jobs that he’s found. The rest is up to him now to what job he applies to.

agoodfriend

Did your man-child apply yet?
If he was a :censored2:ing man-child, @MyTripisCut, he’d be playing :censored2:ing video games all day and making money off of it instead of working an actual job and I would’ve dumped his ass like today’s YouTubers. Thankfully, he’s working an actual job for ten years, he’s a hard-worker, he’s a mature guy and he’s never been interested in video games. He’s the guy that I want to be married to and raise kids with. We also have a fun time together and enjoy spending a lot of time with each other.

He’ll be applying this week and then let me know which job he applied or he’ll tell me that he’s got the job.

Nah
If he was a :censored2:ing man-child, @MyTripisCut, he’d be playing :censored2:ing video games all day and making money off of it instead of working an actual job and I would’ve dumped his ass like today’s YouTubers. Thankfully, he’s working an actual job for ten years, he’s a hard-worker, he’s a mature guy and he’s never been interested in video games. He’s the guy that I want to be married to and raise kids with. We also have a fun time together and enjoy spending a lot of time with each other.

He’ll be applying this week and then let me know which job he applied or he’ll tell me that he’s got the job.
Oh.

Well...

If you ever find yourself looking for a gamer, I play video games. I have a job too. Just throwing that out there.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

You were okay with him only working a PT job for the last 10 years? Let me guess, you have a good job and don’t mind picking up his slack….