UPS doctors in the back pocket of UPS

upsgoingdown

upsgoingdown
abbear: Are you familiar with this whole story? I was denied workers comp. because of the UPS doctors. I was denied long term disability because I got hurt on the job. State comp board said they could not do anything, because I have an attorney and am waiting for a court date. When you are dealing with an account of this magnitude $$(where I got hurt) you become a number, insted of a person. So you see, its like I am caught in this infinite loop. :confused:1

upsgoingdown

upsgoingdown
Hello fellow employee's, I have decided to start from the beginning and tell my story to all that are interested. If it would help, we all as a team can try my case on line so you (fellow employee's) can understand what happened and what my family and I are being put through. My lawyer wants me to hold back some of the evidence so they (ups-hd smith) can't get the upper hand and turn things around. I have been a good employee and I have nothing to hide. If you think this is a good idea please let me know and we can start. I was raised in West Virginia and came to New Jersey to live, thats when I started working for UPS. You decide and let me know, all your responses I receive will set the forum for further detailed discussion later next week

trickpony1

Vincent,

Did you put any more thought into the ideas I suggested in my PM?

It might keep your head above water and keep you from losing your house. The company doesn't care if you starve.

The clock keeps ticking.........

hoser

Industrial Slob
for chrissake, could you consolodate your replies to one post? use quote and ctrl+c and ctrl+v

Hello fellow employee's, I have decided to start from the beginning and tell my story to all that are interested. If it would help, we all as a team can try my case on line so you (fellow employee's) can understand what happened and what my family and I are being put through. My lawyer wants me to hold back some of the evidence so they (ups-hd smith) can't get the upper hand and turn things around. I have been a good employee and I have nothing to hide. If you think this is a good idea please let me know and we can start. I was raised in West Virginia and came to New Jersey to live, thats when I started working for UPS. You decide and let me know, all your responses I receive will set the forum for further detailed discussion later next week
why don't you just tell us what happens, developments, etc and keep it to this thread?

X

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

First I would like to thank everyone that has been supporting me on this issue, the chemical is called phenol, it has a life spand in air of about 45 minutes the spill accured around 7:15 I arrived about 7:30 hazmat showed up around 10:30 and they still found traces of it.

So as a 16 (17 – whatever) year driver how many dozens of times have you been instructed how to react to a hazardous spill?

I ask because nowhere in your story (or the article that was linked) did you do it. You never executed step one.

It’d be impossible to know how severe your exposure would have been if you had followed your training, but I suspect what they’re squabbling over now is your preexisting problem that your doctor evidently noted in the article concerning your prior bouts of acute respiratory infections.

That’d also explain why the article notes that ~30 people at the stop were treated but didn’t mention any of them having problems like you are. Evidently they were treated and released and are doing fine.

I suspect you were affected to a greater degree because your lungs were already damaged before your exposure by your acute infections.

Oh – you smoke too. You should probably expect respiratory and circulatory issues in the future.

Since you have plenty of leisure time now you probably ought to google around and learn how to react to hazardous spills AND spills of unknown substances.

I don’t know that you’d ever need that info at UPS – if your condition was accurately depicted in the article and you don’t improve considerably it’s entirely possible you won’t be back.

Hopefully your buddies commiserating with you on this board will view you as an object lesson and take their jobs a little less casually than they do now.

Maybe they’ll actually pay attention and retain some information and react appropriately when they’re in a similar situation.

Nah – they’re Teamsters and know it all.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Vincent,
I don't know if this will help, but have you tried going to your Local, State, and National politicians? It is election time after all, maybe one of them or someone on their Staffs can help somehow.

This is an entirely different situation, but a few years ago my wife became legally blind because of a genetic desease called RP, or Retinitis Pigmentosia. We fought for over a year to get Social Security to put her on SSDI, but got nowhere. Every month the caseworker would go in front of a board or committee of some sort, and she would be turned down. Finally I went and talked to my U.S. Senator, who happened to be campaigning for re-election near my house. One call from him, and the next week she was finally approved.

Just a thought, maybe someone can help you. It doesn't hurt to try, the worse thing that can happen is they say no. In our case, A miracle happened. There is no cure for RP, but my wife regained her eyesight through her strong Faith. Some things doctors just can't explain.:wink:

upsgoingdown

upsgoingdown
Hoser: I have know idea what your talking about, if im doing something wrong explain in terms that I :w00t: might understand. Im not very handy with a computer,but im doing my best. thanks
vincent

upsgoingdown

upsgoingdown
SCRATCH_KING
god bless you and yours, your wife is living proof that miracles do happen, thanks for your support im also praying for a miracle.
vincent

upsgoingdown

upsgoingdown
and xxxxxxxxxxxxx
You have to be management because like most you prove to all of us you have no clue as to what your talking about. If you've actually read what my family and I have been going through( i made no mistakes and surley did not invite this upon myself in any way) there is no validity in anything that you said.. hey you know what..... you remind me of an arrogant someone who does not know what he is talking about a lot like a "clinchpoop."And that's a fact!!!!

(origin of word, i believe to be British

Vincent:confused:1

hoser

Industrial Slob
So as a 16 (17 – whatever) year driver how many dozens of times have you been instructed how to react to a hazardous spill?

I ask because nowhere in your story (or the article that was linked) did you do it. You never executed step one.

It’d be impossible to know how severe your exposure would have been if you had followed your training, but I suspect what they’re squabbling over now is your preexisting problem that your doctor evidently noted in the article concerning your prior bouts of acute respiratory infections.

That’d also explain why the article notes that ~30 people at the stop were treated but didn’t mention any of them having problems like you are. Evidently they were treated and released and are doing fine.

I suspect you were affected to a greater degree because your lungs were already damaged before your exposure by your acute infections.

Oh – you smoke too. You should probably expect respiratory and circulatory issues in the future.

Since you have plenty of leisure time now you probably ought to google around and learn how to react to hazardous spills AND spills of unknown substances.

I don’t know that you’d ever need that info at UPS – if your condition was accurately depicted in the article and you don’t improve considerably it’s entirely possible you won’t be back.

Hopefully your buddies commiserating with you on this board will view you as an object lesson and take their jobs a little less casually than they do now.

Maybe they’ll actually pay attention and retain some information and react appropriately when they’re in a similar situation.

Nah – they’re Teamsters and know it all.
:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

upsgoingdown

upsgoingdown
hoser and xxxxxxxxxx

What are you talking about, I welcome critics,but only if you know what your criticizing. I'll try to explain, so that even you can understand. I was doing a routine p/u as I had for the last past years. MY eye's started burning and went looking for management,thats when I noticed everyone was gone except sucurity and someguy spraying airfreshner I went outside and found management setting on his car I asked what was going on my eye's are burning along with my throat, he said cough syrup had been spilt not to weary. He then asked me to go scan the airs, because he had several skids that needed to go out that night(nda) so I listened to my friend,I thought, and went back to work. so you see thier was never a step 1 like you guys keep referring to. You also mentioned my acute respiratory infection that my Dr. diagnosed me with less than three times over thelast seven years which were colds, maybe two flues. These conditions do not seem out of the ordinary,what is significantly different is my present diagnosis (scarred lungs, pulmonary obstruction and chemical asthma. Not to mention the fact that I cough up a thick green mucous everyday of which occasionallly I get the thrill of seeing my own blood in. PS never been diagnosed with asthma of any kind until now.
vincent:confused:1

Uncle Rico

What if you walked into a p/u and just happen to walk in front of a bullet which hit you right in the head from a disgruntled employee of this company? Bad timing? Unavoidable? It would certainly be more black and white, but your detracters would still call you someone who thinks you are "entitled" to something whether it be monetary compensation, benefits, a judgement in the courts giving you a bazillion dollars, or maybe just maybe the freaking common courtesy of YOUR company and YOUR immediate management team to go to bat for you.

Doesn't sound like that has happened. Sounds to me like you are the victim here and your UPS management (and some of the compassion-less yahoos on this board) is making you the one at fault.

They are probalbly the ones who get burned by the McDonalds coffee and cry that the coffee was actually hot. Where is my million dollar settlement???

Keep fighting your fight. Don't waste your time with the thought-challenged individuals to put it politically correct. :wacko:

upsgoingdown

upsgoingdown
Thanks uncle, it sure helps when people like yourself and others show your support, it goes a long way with my family and I. Uncle when they told me cough syrup had been spilt, I had no reason not to beleive a co. that you work with every day was lying. They told my boss that it was glade air freshner, he called them after I got back to the building. They even lied to the police. I don't understand why my union won't help me. The accident didn't surprise me much, It seems since I was a little boy I was always in the wrong place at the right time, but it never slowed me down like this has. I feel like I'm 10-15 yrs older already, can't imagine what its going to be like in 10 yrs from now, if I still am coughing up this gunk, and breathing like i just ran a mile in a minute. That's hard to digest when your use to p/u between 2 and 3 thousand pkg a day and delivering between 5 and 8 hundred pkg a day. uncle is it true or false that when you punch out your diad, your info goes to 1 computer that cannot be changed, but the one your seeing ( the sups sitting at can.) If so oooooooooooooooohboy. I can remember p/u 4-5 thousand pcs in 1 day and looking at the sheet the next day and seeing 2-3 thousand p/u. The same with del.
vincent.

Last edited:

upsgoingdown

upsgoingdown
By the way management did change the same month I got sick. It was wierd the way I met my new boss. I went in to work one day to get some papers, and you have to walk up quiet a few stairs to get to the center, when I got almost to the top of the stairway, I stopped to use my inhaler and a large lady came up behind me and she stopped to use her inhaler and guess what, true love it was my new boss. It's easy for my manager to use her inhaler, I believed it to be because of her weight but in reality I don't know what her medical problem is. Now when she saw me use mine, she was so quick to jump to the fact that my smoking played a large part in my inhaler use, when in reality this chemical spill is what caused mine. My point being, many people jump to conclusions or diagnose things based on what they see or feel yet they are not certified to make that conclusion and are very far from the truth but are in an authoriative position to make my life and my family's a living hell.

vincent

upsgoingdown

upsgoingdown
I also went to apply for school in sussex co, I set down an spoke to a gentlemen about enlisting in a computer course but was denied . He said with my coughing and going days without sleep that I probably would disrupt class. He suggested that I wait for workmans comp court. It seems I can't catch a break. Wondering could I make ups pay for school somewhere, if I could get in?

vincent:w00t:

trickpony1

Thanks-
If I ask enough questions I might squeeze an answer from you regarding whether or not you are an honorably discharged active duty armed forces member.
Think there's a reason I need to know?