UPS doctors in the back pocket of UPS

satellitedriver

Prototelis-
I'm not one to pass up a spirited debate so I hope you won't mind a few questions. I wish I could put up a highly choreographed post but I'm just a truck driver so please bear with me.

Your first few statements suggest that you have a background in pulmonology and chemistry. I'm just curious what your credentials are.

Tobacco, fried chicken, mountain chesse and certain fish may have phenol in them but do you think it's at the same concentration as the saturated airspace that this individual walked into?

I am surprised that this individual would exhibit the symptoms/signs that he claims was caused by the exposure to phenol prior to the exposure and absolutely no one around him at the center or PCM didn't notice it.

"......because for all intensive purposes......".
Shouldn't that be "...for all intents and purposes...."?

Regarding the injury to your tooth, "...they could have just pulled the broken tooth out." They also could have taken you out to the nearest wall, lined you up and shot you but they didn't. I would be interested in knowing what happens when, in time, that chunk of composite veneer comes out of your tooth because of normal wear and tear due to axial torsion, pressure and the rigors of tearing/chewing your food. Do you think the company is gonna take care of that tooth for the rest of your life? Probably not.

Perhaps the company is trying to figure out a "one time", quick fix to the individual that was exposed to phenol.

I welcome your rebuttal.

Disclaimer: Did everyone notice I made it all the way through this post without any name calling, without any vulgar language and without questioning Prototelis' sexuality as some management posters have done to me when my opinion doesn't necessarily agree with theirs?

Amazing isn't it?

So proud of you 1 trick pony

trickpony1

Satellitedriver-
Do you not have anything else to do but grovel through posts and make inane one-line remarks?
Your "treatise" on the characteristics of phenol was one of those. Could it be that the phenol was in aqueous form which, when exposed to air, could disassociate forming a vapor which could be readily inhaled?
I agree with the poster that doesn't think you're a driver but, perhaps a PT supe that knows it all.

satellitedriver

Satellitedriver-
Do you not have anything else to do but grovel through posts and make inane one-line remarks?
Your "treatise" on the characteristics of phenol was one of those. Could it be that the phenol was in aqueous form which, when exposed to air, could disassociate forming a vapor which could be readily inhaled?
I agree with the poster that doesn't think you're a driver but, perhaps a PT supe that knows it all.

While you were grovelling thru my post, you might have noticed I stated it was used in mouthwash. Is that not an aqueous solution? It can disassociate into a vapor and reak havoc upon unsuspecting mouth breathers? You could fill a swimming pool full of Listerine or cough syrup that has the toxic substance of phenol "asscociated" with it and I would dive in, backstoke across the pool and come out with fresh breath and no cough.
A treatise is a formal, systematic written analysis of a subject.
Inane means lacking substance or reality.
Phenol exposure can be deadly, depending on the dosage. It is an aromatic compound (it can diassociate into a vapor as you say)The key is the dosage. Phenol is highly regulated substance and not shipped in concentrated form.
You agree with the other poster that doesn't think I am a driver. Well you can bet your best cotton socks that I am not and you would walk away barefooted. 20 years of pushing wind out of the way in a big brown truck earns me the right to call myself a driver. Never worked part time either.
Yes, I have other things to do and I do them. It is fun to read the posts and I enjoy replying. I grovel to no one. Maybe you just do not like the way I reversed your name and exposed what you are. 1 trick pony.

Braveheart

I think putting people on "light duty" keeps "loss time" injuries/accidents away from OSHA's attention.

I believe the company can be fined for too many loss time incidents, once again proving that the company doesn't care about the individual just about themselves.
It is true! The managers in my hub go to the Dr and pressure them into sending you back lite duty. They hide their loss time injuries from OSHA! YOU HAVE TO DEMAND THAT THE MANAGER STAY IN THE WAITING ROOM. IT IS YOUR RIGHT! EXPLAIN TO THE DR ABOUT FORCED LITE DUTY, CRAPPY SPLIT SHIFT HOURS, OSHA B.S., AND AT THE VERY LEAST REQUEST THAT THE DR LIMIT ALL AREAS SUCH AS TO ONLY 4 HOURS A DAY SO YOU DON'T WORK PRELOAD AND RELOAD, ONLY ONE OR THE OTHER, AND LIMIT YOUR WEIGHT LIFTING, ON YOUR FEET TIME, NO STAIRS, NO SQUATING,ETC....... Those of you close to missing your 156 reports for vacation purposes may want to work the 30 lite duty days to get your 156 reports to earn your full vacation and sick days, same goes for you cover drivers trying to get 156 as a cover driver and be sure to get the union involved if you were hurt as a cover driver then your lite duty reports and pay should be at cover driver rate! If the Dr gives you medicine that prevents you from driving then you do not do lite duty. If you are on crutches you do not do lite duty. GET YOUR MILEAGE TO ALL MEDICAL RELATED VISITS, DRS, XRAYS, PHYSICAL THERAPY, ETC ETC ETC THEY MUST PAY YOU FOR YOUR MILEAGE!!!!!! YOU HAVE A ONE TIME RIGHT TO CHANGE DRS! NEVER TRUST A DR PICKED BY UPS!!!!!!!!

A

Anon Comp

In our area you can tell them you will only do light duty during your regular work hours 8:30-5:30. If they won't accomadate you in that time frame then you are not required to do light duty and it will not effect your comp. benefits. Check your area because this is a fact UPS will not tell you and has been done in our area by drivers.