Ups Driver attacked by negligent owners pit bulls

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm not saying I disagree with you, but do you really think you can take a large pit bull in a fight? I would rather fight three guys at once, but that's just me.
Yea people don't understand the power of a Pitt. I grew up with multi Pitts do I do know first hand and I'll tell you right now if a full grown Pitt grabs you and starts pulling your screwed. All your attention will be on not being pulled over and any counter attack will go right out the window.

People say Pitts have lock-jaw but that's a myth. The truth is they are so strong that people think they have lock jaw.

They are incredibly strong but I have a 200 lb weight advantage. So if I know I am going to get bit I will try to get it to lock on to my forearm. Once its on my arm, I can get it up into the air and then body-slam it into the ground by landing right on top of it with all 270 lbs of my body weight. If possible I will also drive my knee into its ribs/midsection on my way down. Pit bulls don't have arms or hands so if they are locked onto you then you can take the thumb of your free hand and use it to dig their eyeball out. You have to put fear aside and unleash your inner animal in order to survive a fight with a pit bull. It is for that reason that I make every effort to befriend the pit bulls on my route with biscuits. Its better to make friends than enemies.

What he said ^^^^^^^^

A guy on my route had to step between his dog and a pitbul years ago. He was messed up pretty bad (but was at work the following Monday) but the pitbil ended up having to be put to sleep because of its injuries. He is a little smaller than what Sober describes himself as being and only a little bigger than me. Plus, some people have that inner animal Sober mentioned. :devil3:

And if not then it's best you get a nice hard kick right in one of those spots that really hurts before they get a hold of you. So far that's all I've needed to do.

Last edited:

box_beeyotch

What he said ^^^^^^^^

A guy on my route had to step between his dog and a pitbul years ago. He was messed up pretty bad (but was at work the following Monday) but the pitbil ended up having to be put to sleep because of its injuries. He is a little smaller than what Sober describes himself as being and only a little bigger than me. Plus, some people have that inner animal Sober mentioned. :devil3:

And if not then it's best you get a nice hard kick right in one of those spots that really hurts before they get a hold of you. So far that's all I've needed to do.

Why do we carry dog biscuits? We should be carrying Hershey bars instead.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
They are incredibly strong but I have a 200 lb weight advantage. So if I know I am going to get bit I will try to get it to lock on to my forearm. Once its on my arm, I can get it up into the air and then body-slam it into the ground by landing right on top of it with all 270 lbs of my body weight. If possible I will also drive my knee into its ribs/midsection on my way down. Pit bulls don't have arms or hands so if they are locked onto you then you can take the thumb of your free hand and use it to dig their eyeball out. You have to put fear aside and unleash your inner animal in order to survive a fight with a pit bull. It is for that reason that I make every effort to befriend the pit bulls on my route with biscuits. Its better to make friends than enemies.

I too had a strategy for bad dogs but, it vanished when faced with the angry jaws of a red-nosed demon about 6 years ago.

I did everything right. Shook the gate. Called out "UPS"! Nothing. Proceeded onto the property and out of nowhere, she came.

Had the package in one hand and DIAD IV in the other. She came at me full speed and got a snout full of amazon which she promptly took away from me. She kept coming and got a couple whacks from the board, till the handle broke off and it was her and I.

She bit me on both legs and hands(one hand required stitches) before the owner came out and restrained her. The whole thing happened in a matter of seconds.

I had a plan but, it evaporated when confronted with reality.

I'd bet that's how most dog bites/attacks go down.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
This is an incredibly stupid question.

You know as well as I do, this incident cost the center money.

That said, we both also know, the center doesn't shell out money without finding a scapegoat to carry the blame.

9/10 it's the hourly who carries it. How do you figure this is a stupid question?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

You know as well as I do, this incident cost the center money.

That said, we both also know, the center doesn't shell out money without finding a scapegoat to carry the blame.

9/10 it's the hourly who carries it. How do you figure this is a stupid question?

Oh, I don't know, maybe it's because the driver is still in the hospital and will have to undergo numerous surgeries and months of PT, as well as having to deal with the psychological issues so, yeah, it was an incredibly stupid question.

box_beeyotch

They should be locked up for leaving their kid unattended with a wild animal. Pit bull owners are so defenseless. They always think their pit is one of the good ones.

I have two. As long as you raise them right they are loyal to you. They might hurt other people, but that's what I call good protection. Now all you need is a pet goat to feed them to.

box_beeyotch

Oh, I don't know, maybe it's because the driver is still in the hospital and will have to undergo numerous surgeries and months of PT, as well as having to deal with the psychological issues so, yeah, it was an incredibly stupid question.

That doesn't mean they wouldn't still give him a warning letter or even fire him. They dont care about that guy, only the incident and loss of money.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

Careful, your inner human being is showing.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire
First of all no wife or kids. Just a two bedroom condo, 2 cars and a motorcycle. A car can cost you 50 or 60k over 8 years or a woman and kid can cost you way more. But besides that...if you lost this job, and you don't have other means or a back up plan that's your fault.

You're financing cars for 8 years?