UPS driver shot in GA

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I agree. It appears that the person who posted that thread was the manager/supe of the driver who was wounded.

At the very least, having his manager/supe post that on social media is going to work in his favor provided he makes it out of critical condition.
Can’t believe the goon squad over on Glenlake haven’t told him to take it down

PPH_over_9000

Bodymore?

Close, but closer to SE DC. Baltimore's maybe a 30min drive if you know how to work the beltway.

I'm down in Southern Maryland, where all the cityfolk started to flee towards when gentrification started to hit the urban centers in the 90's. It's a strange blend between country and urban, where our cities aren't anything like major metropolitan areas and our country areas are nothing like the Midwest. It's just, like.... suburbs that try to hide themselves in the woods and suburbs that want to pack as many people in as small of an area as possible, with a bunch of random outliers between the two. "Suburban" neighborhoods with 0.4mi long driveways, so next door neighbors may have driveways 100ft apart but the homes themselves are close to a quarter mile or more away from each other. Then you hit the densely populated areas and houses might have 20ft between them, if they're not townhouses/rowhouses or apartment buildings.

We've got a little bit of everything and I like it all except for the business-heavy routes.

ETA: this site gives a little bit of insight into the typical local newsweek around here:

Thankfully, most of the headlines are car accidents. Unfortunately, the secondmost frequent issue revolves around violent crimes.

Last edited:

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Close, but closer to SE DC. Baltimore's maybe a 30min drive if you know how to work the beltway.

I'm down in Southern Maryland, where all the cityfolk started to flee towards when gentrification started to hit the urban centers in the 90's. It's a strange blend between country and urban, where our cities aren't anything like major metropolitan areas and our country areas are nothing like the Midwest. It's just, like.... suburbs that try to hide themselves in the woods and suburbs that want to pack as many people in as small of an area as possible, with a bunch of random outliers between the two. "Suburban" neighborhoods with 0.4mi long driveways, so next door neighbors may have driveways 100ft apart but the homes themselves are close to a quarter mile or more away from each other. Then you hit the densely populated areas and houses might have 20ft between them, if they're not townhouses/rowhouses or apartment buildings.

We've got a little bit of everything and I like it all except for the business-heavy routes.

ETA: this site gives a little bit of insight into the typical local newsweek around here:

Thankfully, most of the headlines are car accidents. Unfortunately, the secondmost frequent issue revolves around violent crimes.
Dang, stay away from that Lexington!

TheBrownNote

Good thing I wore my brown pants
Honestly, I have no idea. I'm about half your age and the first time anyone ever fired a warning shot at me (and my friends) I was maybe 13-14 and we were just riding our bikes through a field to shortcut to another neighborhood. Turns out that dude owned the field and was notorious for doing that, we just didn't know it. The last time I was about 19 and hanging out with people in an area that I had no business being in.

Fast forward to today and there's shootings/stabbings/assaults/carjackings/robberies/home invasions on average about once a week in my tri-county area. Now, "tri-county area" might sound pretty big at first, but then you realize that I'm talking about Maryland.

The big takeaway here isn't that everybody's a lunatic and that they're out to get you. Most people are decent, polite, charitable folks. The takeaway is that lunatics exist in big enough numbers that you will likely encounter one one day and it's almost always going to be an unexpected encounter.
Expect the unexpected ?!?🤣🤣

RMR46

Well I hope the guy pulls through? The last thing UPS drivers needs is to have guns on us. It would take about one week before the news headlines says little girl little boy shot by wild bullet by UPS driver. Delivering a package at 9:00 at night somebody pulls a gun on you you pull a gun you shoot them another headline. If you're that worried about it go get another job.