UPS driver shot in GA

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Funny how when SHTF they re-introduced gun rights, your immaturity as to why you’re safe shows. As usual you’ve let other people do the Heavy lifting, and you have allowed other people to keep you safe. You’re welcome.
A parasite

PPH_over_9000

And yet in in over 60 years I have never been shot at in the US or had to use a firearm or any other weapon to defend myself. How is this possible?

Honestly, I have no idea. I'm about half your age and the first time anyone ever fired a warning shot at me (and my friends) I was maybe 13-14 and we were just riding our bikes through a field to shortcut to another neighborhood. Turns out that dude owned the field and was notorious for doing that, we just didn't know it. The last time I was about 19 and hanging out with people in an area that I had no business being in.

Fast forward to today and there's shootings/stabbings/assaults/carjackings/robberies/home invasions on average about once a week in my tri-county area. Now, "tri-county area" might sound pretty big at first, but then you realize that I'm talking about Maryland.

The big takeaway here isn't that everybody's a lunatic and that they're out to get you. Most people are decent, polite, charitable folks. The takeaway is that lunatics exist in big enough numbers that you will likely encounter one one day and it's almost always going to be an unexpected encounter.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I read a post somewhere on another site that stated the driver was standing in line trying to get a bbq sandwich at a food truck and was robbed. This was by a person that knows the driver and they didn't say if it was a random robbery or somebody upset about a particular package. The driver is expected to fully recover.

newfie

What's the difference when the police show up and just hang out in a hallway and let a shooter kill at will anyways?
that was my sarcastic point. they wont show up in time and with the witch hunt on police they may not do much if the perp is the wrong color.

Gotta Go

9B452430-74FC-4468-B47A-774312F5A318.jpeg

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Honestly, I have no idea. I'm about half your age and the first time anyone ever fired a warning shot at me (and my friends) I was maybe 13-14 and we were just riding our bikes through a field to shortcut to another neighborhood. Turns out that dude owned the field and was notorious for doing that, we just didn't know it. The last time I was about 19 and hanging out with people in an area that I had no business being in.

Fast forward to today and there's shootings/stabbings/assaults/carjackings/robberies/home invasions on average about once a week in my tri-county area. Now, "tri-county area" might sound pretty big at first, but then you realize that I'm talking about Maryland.

The big takeaway here isn't that everybody's a lunatic and that they're out to get you. Most people are decent, polite, charitable folks. The takeaway is that lunatics exist in big enough numbers that you will likely encounter one one day and it's almost always going to be an unexpected encounter.
Bodymore?