UPS Driver vs Military Career

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

A few weeks ago our postman was telling me that he was able to use his military time towards his seniority with USPS. So as a new postal employee he already had years of seniority. Something to keep in mind too. Good luck with your decision.
Coast Guard has quite a bit of crossover for civilian job hunting I would think.

There are many Post Office employees who are prior military.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
If I had to do it all over again I'd join the Coast Guard instead of the Marines, I've heard nothing but good things about them.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Was planning on going into army with an Option 40 contract which would send me from Boot Camp to Airborne School, then a CHANCE to join(tryout) the 75th Ranger Reg. Airforce is too much school for me.. Why I didnt go to college yet.
Dumb

Join the Air Force

More jobs applicable to the civilian world

Better quality of life

And of you still just have to show off your machismo there are no badder MFers than PJs!

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Was planning on going into army with an Option 40 contract which would send me from Boot Camp to Airborne School, then a CHANCE to join(tryout) the 75th Ranger Reg. Airforce is too much school for me.. Why I didnt go to college yet.
Too much school?!?

Who's telling you what about the AF? You know army recruiters lie about the other branches right?!

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Remember black hawk down?

Remember the medic that was running between the two pinned down groups of Rangers?

That was an Air Force PJ

Delta operators and PJs were the only people doing anything during that Charlie Foxtrot

Withdraw from the union, take military leave, join the Air Force, become a PJ, save lives and screw bitches

Overpaid Union Thug

Right now im 18 and working preload,(have been for about 6 months) was wondering if anyone had any experience from going to one or the other and which one you liked more. It's still a long ways until I can even be eligible to drive here, and then I'd still have to wait for spots to open up.
I was thinking about joining the Army since Im still young and could make a career out of it. Also would I be able to come back to Ups after leaving/retiring from the military?
Join the Air National Guard and stay at UPS. You can end up with two pensions. If you invest every penny of your guard pay you could end up with three.

Overpaid Union Thug

Remember black hawk down?

Remember the medic that was running between the two pinned down groups of Rangers?

That was an Air Force PJ

Delta operators and PJs were the only people doing anything during that Charlie Foxtrot

Withdraw from the union, take military leave, join the Air Force, become a PJ, save lives and screw bitches
Prarescue selection and training is arguably the toughest (physically and mentally) in the military. And it should be and was meant to be because of the nature of the job. To rescue the best and fight with the best you need to be the best.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
Prarescue selection and training is arguably the toughest (physically and mentally) in the military. And it should be and was meant to be because of the nature of the job. To rescue the best you need to be the best.

For me it started out as a simple question the second day of basic, "Anybody here change their mind and decide they'd rather be a hero?"

Too bad I was a fatty who couldn't run 2 miles fast enough at that point. Really ticked me off that in had shaved that time off less than two weeks later but they weren't asking anymore.

A lot of PJ wash outs showed up at the jail house. You always knew who they were because they had their names stenciled on the front of their BDU under shirts. You'd think it would be a thing of honor because they got to try but it always seemed like it was a big scarlet letter.

10 point

You will either love or hate the military.........

I lost what could have been the best 4 years of my life.
Imagine you and all your peers are on a moving sidewalk (like at the airport), you step off, but no one else does. You can never get those years back.

Should have gone to college, instead of Vietnam.
You volunteered to go to Vietnam? You could actually "step off"?
When I graduated just being in college kept you out of the pool and I was in college when I was 17.

The stories my friends brothers told about being there would've messed my mind up had it been me.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
You volunteered to go to Vietnam? You could actually "step off"?
When I graduated just being in college kept you out of the pool and I was in college when I was 17.

The stories my friends brothers told about being there would've messed my mind up had it been me.
My father, his brothers and all their friends joined the navy to avoid being drafted into the army in Vietnam.