UPS Driver wearing shorts in below zero temps!

MN FEEDER

There's a UPS package driver in Austin, MN that wears shorts year round even in sub-zero weather. Not only does he look utterly ridiculous it is extremely dangerous should his truck break down or if he has an accident. I'm wondering if this is a UPS dress code violation?

Several feeder guys here do also so apparently not. Just hope they're higher on the board than you so you can move up when they freeze to death.

Southwestern

We have a couple of morbidly obese guys that wear shorts year-round, even in freezing temperatures. On occasion management has asked them not to, but after awhile, they don't care.

Johney

Several feeder guys here do also so apparently not. Just hope they're higher on the board than you so you can move up when they freeze to death.
Yea, but do feeder guys really have to leave the heated cab for that long? Just wondering?

UPSGUY72

There's a UPS package driver in Austin, MN that wears shorts year round even in sub-zero weather. Not only does he look utterly ridiculous it is extremely dangerous should his truck break down or if he has an accident. I'm wondering if this is a UPS dress code violation?

Nope not a violation.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I've always thought it looks stupid and unprofessional. MHO.
I agree, we have one too. And we had one that wore his winter coat, when it was 90. dont get it, thinks it loos silly, to each his own. Maybe they orered uniforms in April and havent got them yet.....like me.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
A significant percentage of the drivers in my building...me included...wear shorts all winter. It doesnt get below zero here, but it does get down in the 20's. I only wear pants if i know that i will have to be putting on tire chains in the snow. A couple of years ago it got down to 11 degrees and there were several drivers...me included...were still wearing shorts. Its an Oregon thing. We dont use umbrellas either.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I used to have a rule that I would wear shorts until the snow was deep enough to get into my shoes. If my feet got cold, then I got cold.

cino321

A significant percentage of the drivers in my building...me included...wear shorts all winter. It doesnt get below zero here, but it does get down in the 20's. I only wear pants if i know that i will have to be putting on tire chains in the snow. A couple of years ago it got down to 11 degrees and there were several drivers...me included...were still wearing shorts. Its an Oregon thing. We dont use umbrellas either.

Makes me feel like a real sissy.

Above 60 degrees, I wear shorts. From about 60 to 45 is a pants day, below 45 I wear pants with Underarmour.

U

uber

I like when Stacy wears shorts and shows off those legs :)

AssistantSanta

Even after sunset? During the day, I was surprised how hot I got as a helper. I could be dressed comfortable for sitting around in heated office on a 30 degree day and I still start to cook if there's sunshine. Temperature didn't matter as much as sunshine.

As for your concern regarding accident, I'm not sure if the risk is serious enough. Kids and some adults wear helmet while riding a bike, because head injury is usually the most serious of all injury for a fall. So, what do you suggest? Require helmet as uniform during elevated risk of falls?

Inthegame

Even after sunset? During the day, I was surprised how hot I got as a helper. I could be dressed comfortable for sitting around in heated office on a 30 degree day and I still start to cook if there's sunshine. Temperature didn't matter as much as sunshine.

As for your concern regarding accident, I'm not sure if the risk is serious enough. Kids and some adults wear helmet while riding a bike, because head injury is usually the most serious of all injury for a fall. So, what do you suggest? Require helmet as uniform during elevated risk of falls?
Well now we have the answer! You should have worn a helmet.

The Blackadder

Are you not amused?
We had a center manger who would not approve new pants for a driver (actually for any one), he was wearing the same pair of pants forever.

Finally one day he came in wearing long underwear with shorts on, said his pants riped and this is all he had. It was funny as hell, he got the day off, and 5 new pants nda 2 days later.