UPS Driver wearing shorts in below zero temps!

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
We have the extreme both ways in our center. One or two guys that wear shorts year round, with short sleeve shirts, and two guys that wear long pants and LONG sleeves all year round. And it does get both hot and cold in SC.

Seriously, why do you care? Sounds like high school stuff. If they break down in the cold, it's their issue. Do you check to see if each driver is also carrying gloves with them?

1000RR

I'm a loader on the twilight sort and I wear shorts year round. It has been in the teens for the low here the past week. They have the heat blazing inside the building so to me it's hot already, and that is before you start loading.

menotyou

bella amicizia
When I was in the feeder, I would have about 5 layers on. The warmer you get, the more layers come off. In a 53', it was easy to get down to shorts and a tank 1/4 of the way through, even though it's -20 outside. Loading is the same way. (package cars). Scanning is not the job to have in the dead of winter.

DTAHONDA

id wear shorts too if i was a driver, the pants are baggy and fit like ****. there 4 sizes to big. same with the pullovers.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
When I was in the feeder, I would have about 5 layers on. The warmer you get, the more layers come off. In a 53', it was easy to get down to shorts and a tank 1/4 of the way through, even though it's -20 outside. Loading is the same way. (package cars). Scanning is not the job to have in the dead of winter.
OMG please stop ,,,Your giving us the shakes !!!! gigidy gigidy !!

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
How many of us here on the BC remember when we had no shorts ?????

Should be a poll question,but don't know how to do it !!
Anybody want to poll it ??
that would be a good one !!

brownboxman

A significant percentage of the drivers in my building...me included...wear shorts all winter. It doesnt get below zero here, but it does get down in the 20's. I only wear pants if i know that i will have to be putting on tire chains in the snow. A couple of years ago it got down to 11 degrees and there were several drivers...me included...were still wearing shorts. Its an Oregon thing. We dont use umbrellas either.
I am a driver in Oregon, dont count me in on this, no offense, but in my opinion it looks stupid to wear shorts when it is in the 20 to 50 degree range.And raining hard or snowing. Just my opinion. I wear shorts when it is warm enough to be uncomfortable in long pants call me old school I guess.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I am a driver in Oregon, dont count me in on this, no offense, but in my opinion it looks stupid to wear shorts when it is in the 20 to 50 degree range.And raining hard or snowing. Just my opinion. I wear shorts when it is warm enough to be uncomfortable in long pants call me old school I guess.

The main reason I wear shorts all the time is that the pants make my butt look fat.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
One of the highlights of Spring on my route is when the shorts come out for the first time. Why ruin it for all of the women by wearing them year round?

rocket man

There's a UPS package driver in Austin, MN that wears shorts year round even in sub-zero weather. Not only does he look utterly ridiculous it is extremely dangerous should his truck break down or if he has an accident. I'm wondering if this is a UPS dress code violation?
I guess he wants to becool ? he is.