UPS drivers & their pickup trucks.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Even as a Tacoma fanboy, I have to say that the new Tacoma is priced ridiculously high.

That said, my 2011, which is probably just as basic as your old Ranger, is undoubtedly the best, most reliable truck I've ever owned.
Used ones are stupid high too.

I'm sure they are great vehicles but they are priced like you'll get 500k out of them and never have to touch them.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
A friend just paid $87,000 for his Ram diesel.
giphy.gif

Brownslave688

My uncle called me when he went to look for a new truck. He was like when did trucks become a luxury vehicle everything is 50k plus. This is crazy.

I said relax don't even talk to them until they take 10k off the price. The luxury ones would be more like 15k off.

I'm not sure you could build your dream truck and have sticker be 87k?

rod

Retired 22 years
He's a complete maroon then. He over paid by at least 30k

2016 Ram 3500 4X4 Crew Cab Cummings Diesel ----basic starting price $59,910. His has ever option available plus a snow plow, Took him 4 months to get it---made in Mexico. (yes I agree its too much money)

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
My uncle called me when he went to look for a new truck. He was like when did trucks become a luxury vehicle everything is 50k plus. This is crazy.

I said relax don't even talk to them until they take 10k off the price. The luxury ones would be more like 15k off.

I'm not sure you could build your dream truck and have sticker be 87k?
I couldn't spend 50k on a truck. If I want something that fancy I'll get myself a Lexus or Audi.

Brownslave688

2016 Ram 3500 4X4 Crew Cab Cummings Diesel ----basic starting price $59,910. His has ever option available plus a snow plow, Took him 4 months to get it---made in Mexico. (yes I agree its too much money)
It's not that it's too much. It's that it's stupid to pay that much. He could of found one on the lot with 1 option he didn't like and got it for 65k or less.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Used ones are stupid high too.

I'm sure they are great vehicles but they are priced like you'll get 500k out of them and never have to touch them.

I agree with you 100%.

I bought my 2011 new in September 2010. Regular cab, base model, 4-cyl, 5-sp and 4wd. Air was standard, but I have to put the key in the lock to open the door and I have to actually crank the windows up and down.

I was looking at a two year old Ranger, and a friend who worked at the same dealer group told me he could sell me a new Tacoma for less than the Ranger.

I bit and he hooked me. Best deal I ever made.