UPS dropping United Way

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
UPS foundation shifting away from United Way and moving to a more flexible platform where you can give to what you want, when you want throughout the year

why? something about fees i dunno lol

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
UPS foundation shifting away from United Way and moving to a more flexible platform where you can give to what you want, when you want throughout the year

About time. I wonder what the new scam will be? I always donated to Make a wish. A driver I knew promoted it at work.

rod

Retired 22 years
United Way has itself to blame. They are an organization filled with corruption. The hire ups have gotten filthy rich off the generosity of others.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

One problem is the auto-renewal. Things sounded good until I heard that. Too risky. Can't trust the company to make changes.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
United Way are crooks.

stick with local charities where you can see your money work.
food banks, local homeless shelters, local Hospice , humane animal shelters

Big ones we trust
St Judes
Shriners

Just look at a charities CEO pay and it can tell you if it’s a scam or not.
Screenshot_20220824-182425-821.png
Screenshot_20220824-182537-489.png

trotsky

Those :censored2:s bulldogging people into making $2 weekly donations to something they know nothing about when people were cancelling their netflix(like I did) when it went up to $8 a month. Scumbags

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I always refused to join in with the scam.
Had some P/T sups sign me up anyway.
I screamed bloody murder when I saw on my paycheck a deduction.
Afterwards, it was a trip into the manager's office for some arm twisting, still didn't sign.
Over time they gave up.