UPS dropping United Way

ManInBrown

You have to be an idiot to donate thru UPS. Why in the world would I need UPS to donate money to charity? I donate anywhere from $500-1000 a year. I get a kick every year laughing in my on roads face when he asks me how much and to sign form.

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
I stopped donating when UPS started getting brazen and handed out pre-made forms with everyone’s name on it. Strong arm tactics work for most but not me. It save me a lot of money over the years. Same goes with the union DRIVE. The more you pressure me the more I’ll make sure I don’t give.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I stopped donating when UPS started getting brazen and handed out pre-made forms with everyone’s name on it. Strong arm tactics work for most but not me. It save me a lot of money over the years. Same goes with the union DRIVE. The more you pressure me the more I’ll make sure I don’t give.
I never gave to United Way.

Local 805 I think just sued ups for their corrupt united way moves.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
I always refused to join in with the scam.
Had some P/T sups sign me up anyway.
I screamed bloody murder when I saw on my paycheck a deduction.
Afterwards, it was a trip into the manager's office for some arm twisting, still didn't sign.
Over time they gave up.
same at my hub.
always wondered why they used a hard line to get drivers to sign up
did they take the supes into the basement with whips???

I know some that would like that.

Darmark7

10 American pastors with private jets...It's what Jesus would do

yeah...much better use of the money there. Settling child rape allegations or buying luxury items.

Show me a mega church and I will show you a charlatan leader. Saying you go to a church is not a good thing anymore except for the sheep that goes to them. I would rather do business with an atheist than a Christian. Usually the atheist believes in Karma while the Christian believes they can be forgiven. (Full disclosure) I am not an atheist I just don’t believe in the god I see churches selling.

Its_a_me

Show me a mega church and I will show you a charlatan leader. Saying you go to a church is not a good thing anymore except for the sheep that goes to them. I would rather do business with an atheist than a Christian. Usually the atheist believes in Karma while the Christian believes they can be forgiven. (Full disclosure) I am not an atheist I just don’t believe in the god the churches are selling.
Cool story boomer. To use an outdated expression you might understand....

that and 20 cents will get you a phone call.

Darmark7

Cool story boomer. To use an outdated expression you might understand....

that and 20 cents will get you a phone call.
Cool story groomer. You can believe what you want just as I can. Why does my opinion bother you? Church attender?

Last edited:

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
Even Paul Newman's charity is corrupt.
$600 million in sales last year and only $30 million went to the foundation.

That is 2 % folks.
Paul's daughters are suing the foundation for mismanagement or worse ....corruption.