UPS Employees are working unsafe why doesn't the Union correct this problem?

QKRSTKR

Integrity, why do you worry about the splinter in your brothers eye when you have a log in yours?

As long as what other people are doing doesn't affect my safety or well being I don't worry about it.

a full package car being unsafe is the stupidest thing I ever heard. That's like saying all feeder trailers should be only 75% loaded to be safe.

Buck Fifty

When unsafe practices like this ingrain themselves into an operation like you have described, the only thing you can do is look out for yourself and do things the right way. When the problem is this widespread throughout the hourlies and various groups of management, this means there is a serious lack of any sort of full-timer enforcement. In order to change this type of culture.....a few upper management people either need to leave or start involving themselves more than they are. It's going to take a hard-ass midnight shift manager, with help from the full-timers, to change this problem.

How often do you see upper management in the operation? Do full time supervisors correct anything or look away?

Aaaaaaaaaaammeeeeeeeeeeennnnn,
​LTC

Translation : Hold management accountable !!! I like it !!!

Integrity

Binge Poster
Integrity, why do you worry about the splinter in your brothers eye when you have a log in yours?

As long as what other people are doing doesn't affect my safety or well being I don't worry about it.

a full package car being unsafe is the stupidest thing I ever heard. That's like saying all feeder trailers should be only 75% loaded to be safe.
QKRSTKR,

I don't understand your question. You will need to be more specific.

You are entitled to care or worry about whatever you choose. That is your right.

Am I correct in reading that it is your view that a "packed" package car is not a safety violation?

Sincerely,
I

LongTimeComing

Air Ops Pro
QKRSTKR,

You are entitled to care or worry about whatever you choose. That is your right.

Am I correct in reading that it is your view that a "packed" package car is not a safety violation?

Sincerely,
I

Do you? How bout you answer a ****ing question for once....

Integrity

Binge Poster
Do you? How bout you answer a ****ing question for once....
LongTimComing,

I have been part of this community to quite some time now.

I have been pretty much the same since I came on board in 2009.

In my time here others have been fixated with my posts and my posting style even when the responses were to others, they are no longer here.

LongTimeComing, why must you try to control the manner in which I post.

Sincerely,
I

QKRSTKR

QKRSTKR,

Sincerely,
I

you are worried about a splinter in the unions eye yet you have a log in yours. Worry about yourself is the way most people would take it.

how is a packed package car a violation. Is a full feeder trailer also a violation? Package cars have rear doors just like a trailer, start unloading till its not full.

I really don't think you have integrity asking such questions. By the way, the package car I drive still only has a lap belt. Thought you were all over that????

Integrity

Binge Poster
you are worried about a splinter in the unions eye yet you have a log in yours. Worry about yourself is the way most people would take it.

how is a packed package car a violation. Is a full feeder trailer also a violation? Package cars have rear doors just like a trailer, start unloading till its not full.

I really don't think you have integrity asking such questions. By the way, the package car I drive still only has a lap belt. Thought you were all over that????
QKRSTKR,

I did not bring the packed package car up as a safety violation. It was brought up on here before and I was only trying to find out what type of violation this creates.

You are entitled to your opinion of me. I can respect that whether I agree or disagree with your assessment of me.

You can check my blog. I completing failed in addressing the seat belt issue. I thought I was clear about this failure.

Forgive me if I wasn't clear.

Sincerely,
I