UPS evening delivery

FedExer267

This is a waist of time and money. I would go on record that the average amount of send again's is less than five pieces. So let me get this straight you are going to now pay us 45 dollars an hour to make sure we are able to get those 5 packages off. I will believe this when I see it but for now there is no way they can contractually keep you out there until 8PM. We have a plan day for a reason. We all know that it would be far more efficient for UPS to offer an expansion to the alternate delivery point.
For you FedEX Ground and H.D. drivers who apparently are use to taking it in the shorts and working for free then enjoy.
hahaha aint that the truth we do take it in the shorts. However with all due respect brown I say let you guys do it because atleast you get paid for it. If they expect that kind of service out of us for what they are peddling then Fred and his buddies need to stop smoking the wonder pipe. That will not happen and if they want it to happen I guess Mr. Contractor will need to stop hanging at the country club and make some deliveries.

FedExer267

It's actually a huge money-maker for Home Delivery. Not sure what they charge the customer, but if I remember correctly the contractor is paid quite a handsome premium per package. We mainly get drug reps having "appointment" deliveries. Not necessarily in the p.m. but the same idea.
Yep key words the Contractor, what do the drivers get NOTHING. One attempt is all you get if you are not home thats your problem I dont get paid enough to care.

FedExer267

Yes, we get it. You're not happy at Ground. Thanks for playing.

Actually bbsam this may suprise you but I like the job fine, I like the people as in other drivers and my customers, I like the work. What I dont like is the pay the no benefits, no OT, how its been almost 2 years since I have seen a raise and all the bonuses I was promised yes you guessed it havent seen one. I dont like how I work for you but am ran by management. I dont like the fact they blow up my cell phone all day long and bitch to you when I dont answer. Do I get a phone allowance Hell NO!!!
I believe that if we work for said Contractor than thats who we should answer to. I should not be threatned by a TM because he doesn't like my jacket and Contractors are to damn cheap to spring for one and the last time I checked I could not use my foodstamps for clothing.
I like my job fine what I dont like is the way this multi billion dollar company runs it. I dont like the fact that I could work up to 70 hours a week for the same pay as 40. I am waiting patiently for the building to go ISP because once it does and you guys grow even bigger you will be dealing with the union. You will be a corporation with employees and you will be forced to the table to provide a better deal to your employees. Thanks for playing back atcha!!!!!

bbsam

Staff member
Maybe you just haven't been paying attention. I am incorporated and I have employees. Maybe you're just tired from all the hours.

bbsam

Staff member
Actually bbsam this may suprise you but I like the job fine, I like the people as in other drivers and my customers, I like the work. What I dont like is the pay the no benefits, no OT, how its been almost 2 years since I have seen a raise and all the bonuses I was promised yes you guessed it havent seen one. I dont like how I work for you but am ran by management. I dont like the fact they blow up my cell phone all day long and bitch to you when I dont answer. Do I get a phone allowance Hell NO!!!
I believe that if we work for said Contractor than thats who we should answer to. I should not be threatned by a TM because he doesn't like my jacket and Contractors are to damn cheap to spring for one and the last time I checked I could not use my foodstamps for clothing.
I like my job fine what I dont like is the way this multi billion dollar company runs it. I dont like the fact that I could work up to 70 hours a week for the same pay as 40. I am waiting patiently for the building to go ISP because once it does and you guys grow even bigger you will be dealing with the union. You will be a corporation with employees and you will be forced to the table to provide a better deal to your employees. Thanks for playing back atcha!!!!!

Well don't go look for another contractor to work for. As MFE just stated the bitching and moaning is required.

FedExer267

Yeah. That was my point.

If you read my post more carefully bbsam you will see that HD already offers this all I was saying is IF they tried to roll that over to Ground they could pound sand because you dont pay enough for the job I do now. Come on English major Comprehend...:wink2:

HomeDelivery

LoL, even I understood that it won't work for Ground... they have too much to deal with the B2B deliveries/ pickups already

I'm interested to see what the UPS replies of this experimental service for their company or was this just a brain-fart?

FedExer267

The funny thing is for 45 a hour in OT I am sure none of us would complain. UPS guys may have a diffrent outlook. However if we ever did start getting paid by the hour I would gladly take all the OT I could get up to 70 hours of course can not break the DOT Rules.