Ups feeders new hire.

I’d love if any of you feeder drivers lead me in somewhat right decision possibly. Where I’m currently working I’m making pretty decent money where I’m at. I’m close to 65k this year home daily. Currently Monday I’m going for my second interview. Only reason why I’m stressing is the fact that I’m a father of 1 with another one on the way. I know ups offers company paid healthcare and 401k. I’m willing to make sacrifices to make this work. I’ve had a union based job before just not in this industry. And pretty much when I hear drivers making 100k+ a year I feel like they take about 50% of your earnings due to taxes union dues etc etc. so my question is how much is your alls taxes and union dues take up your check? thank you in advance!

Last edited:

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
My apologies. Question how much of your all’s check taking with taxes and union dues?
Taxes are different for everyone depending on your deductions etc. union dues are not bad at all. If you are making 100k you will be doing good for yourself and the family. I have a stay at home wife with a 2yr old and we are more than comfortable..

Taxes are different for everyone depending on your deductions etc. union dues are not bad at all. If you are making 100k you will be doing good for yourself and the family. I have a stay at home wife with a 2yr old and we are more than comfortable..
I didn’t know. Just past experiences had me kinda weary about it. Thank you!

I’d love if any of you feeder drivers lead me in somewhat right decision possibly. Where I’m currently working I’m making pretty decent money where I’m at. I’m close to 65k this year home daily. Currently Monday I’m going for my second interview. Only reason why I’m stressing is the fact that I’m a father of 1 with another one on the way. I know ups offers company paid healthcare and 401k. I’m willing to make sacrifices to make this work. I’ve had a union based job before just not in this industry. And pretty much when I hear drivers making 100k+ a year I feel like they take about 50% of your earnings due to taxes union dues etc etc. so my question is how much is your alls taxes and union dues take up your check? thank you in advance!
Union dues are 2X or 2.5X your hourly rate per month. You pay taxes no matter where you work.

Mack37

If you can get a fulltime off the street feeder job, I suggest you take it.

I still kick myself for leaving feeders but the Postal Service has some perks I really enjoy, the money just isn’t one of them. If they decided to hire fulltime off the street here, I’d be very tempted to go back.