UPS finally says something and means it

Pooter

You act like a 40k truck is like top of the line.... I doubt you could even get a basic. Ford friend 150 for under 40k.....keep driving your 4K Kia

Jeeze, I’m pretty sure I can find a decent truck under 40k...and sleep comfortably at night.

Nonetheless, I’m sure financially most drivers will be just fine with no OT. Might have to use a little common sense with spending but we won’t be going homeless anytime soon

PT Crazy

We are required to get our guarantee, anything more than that is a bonus. I like OT too but they don't have give it to us. Full and part time.

JL 0513

I am laughing at these "no overtime, poor us" threads.
Are you friend'n kidding me !!!!!!

This website was full of rabid dogs when UPS tried forcing the 70 hour rule on package during peak.
This website was built on :censored2: off drivers coming in at 10pm and venting.
Now you're gonna cry that you only get your CONTRACTUAL 40 hour pay.

No wonder everyone in management thinks we are bunch of whiny losers !!!!!!

I think you and many others are conflating moderate OT (45-48 hrs) with excessive OT (55 + hrs). A good half of drivers are looking for the moderate range.

OT amounts varied significantly by area. My center always stayed in the moderate range outside of peak. In the last 5 years, I've averaged around 47/week which I liked. But I've seen many on Brown Cafe talk about 55 hrs/weekly being typical and naturally drivers getting that much aren't going to be happy.

But why UPS felt the need for such a dramatic change overnight remains a little perplexing after so many years of a certain scheduling model.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Some suit monkey in Atlanta will crunch numbers and realize it is cost saving to cut drivers and pay overtime.

Back to normal.
They dont crunch numbers they just spin a wheel to determine the new Flavor Of The Week Metric that they will chase.
Although I will say that the average duration of the Flavor seems to be getting longer. Back in the old days it literally was a different metric each week, now its more like Flavor Of The Quarter.
Remember back in 2011 when the suit monkeys picked Stops Per Car as the Flavor? That was an ugly year, running out of DOT hours in August and crazy stuff like bringing 75 missed stops back at 10:30 at night in order to hit the metric and look good on the report. I didnt like that Flavor very much, this new one tastes a lot better.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
I do completely understand though that many of you would not have taken the job if it was strictly 8 hours per day.

Clerks and porters make the same but as far as I’m concerned they put there time in to get those positions. I have no problem with them making the same. Any clerk or porter that I know was a driver for 25+ years.

Here clerks were never drivers

20 years fulltime preload midnight to 9AM at top scale pay same as a driver with no OT until i won my center clerk bid for the last 9 years at top scale like 15 cents less than a driver and still no OT and i scratch by with a disability check from the wife and some rent from the basement on the east coast.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Sorry, it works me up. Did people forget complaining about "excessive overtime"?

Agree completely. Personally, as a feeder driver, I love OT. But this is what everyone was complaining about, and now it looks like drivers will be getting their wishes. They didn’t want to excessive OT, but now they want to say, wait, I still want SOME!

Careful what you wish for.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
Agree completely. Personally, as a feeder driver, I love OT. But this is what everyone was complaining about, and now it looks like drivers will be getting their wishes. They didn’t want to excessive OT, but now they want to say, wait, I still want SOME!

Careful what you wish for.
We’re told here that feeder was next. They’ve already started implementing it from feeder drivers told me.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
We’re told here that feeder was next. They’ve already started implementing it from feeder drivers told me.

With the amount of drivers they are hiring, I don’t doubt it. I’m won’t affect road jobs that much, and definitely not mileage, but I looks like OT is coming down.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
With the amount of drivers they are hiring, I don’t doubt it. I’m won’t affect road jobs that much, and definitely not mileage, but I looks like OT is coming down.
Makes a lot of sense seeing as they’ve got to find drivers for all those loads coming off the rails. Little more complicated for you guys with your training and qualifications needed but definitely looks like the direction they’re headed.

vvv

TOO MUCH OVERTIME was the biggest complaint that members wanted fixed in the new contract.
Guess what? They fixed it for you.
You'll get your OT for Peak, but when Peak's over, you'll get what you asked for....

AWESOME!! Screw all that OT. Money is nice but I prefer having extra time to myself being out of that stupid uniform and truck.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Meh, it’s common sense.

They will do just fine making $37 for 40 hours.
Jeeze, I’m pretty sure I can find a decent truck under 40k...and sleep comfortably at night.

Nonetheless, I’m sure financially most drivers will be just fine with no OT. Might have to use a little common sense with spending but we won’t be going homeless anytime soon
thanks Dave Ramsey for that breathtaking analysis....smfh

Mooseknuckle

I am laughing at these "no overtime, poor us" threads.
Are you friend'n kidding me !!!!!!

This website was full of rabid dogs when UPS tried forcing the 70 hour rule on package during peak.
This website was built on :censored2: off drivers coming in at 10pm and venting.
Now you're gonna cry that you only get your CONTRACTUAL 40 hour pay.

No wonder everyone in management thinks we are bunch of whiny losers !!!!!!
You do know there is more than one person posting on here right? You sound like you're talking to one person with contradicting complaints.