UPS Freight being sold

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
And how will the new bosses get rid of the teamster union?
Evidently Overnite, now known as UPS Freight always had a rocky relationship with the union. The only reason they’re teamsters is because it was all part of the Central States Pension buyout.
I remember when we bought them, there was lots of chatter of Overnite and Motor Cargo drivers wanting nothing to do with the teamsters.

542thruNthru

Evidently Overnite, now known as UPS Freight has always a rocky relationship with the union. The only reason they’re teamsters is because it was all part of the Central States Pension buyout.
I remember when we bought them, there was lots of chatter of Overnite and Motor Cargo drivers wanting nothing to do with the teamsters.
Then they would have to decertify correct?

Trailer monkey

Their contract expires in 2023...with UPS..
The certified bargaining unit will still be in place after the contract expires and the new owner will be legally obligated to negotiate with the union. Whether they take a hardline stance in negotiations or attempt to break the union remains to be seen

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Do you remember the last two UPS freight contracts...they will not go on strike...

They could still be part of the Teamsters, depends on what their new bosses wants.
Do you really think that is a fair assessment, in hindsight, as to how the last contract negotiations and vote(s) went down for our brothers and sisters at UPS Freight???

....I don't.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

what’s the unions position on this?
Lol, Hoffa? If it screws union jobs he will side with the deal. Later on, he will write a letter blaming someone else.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Do you really think that is a fair assessment, in hindsight, as to how the last contract negotiations and vote(s) went down for our brothers and sisters at UPS Freight???

....I don't.

They were sold down the tubes by our current teamster leadership in both contracts .. I do not blame them, we got the same treatment.. face it...We have a “cut and run” Union, “no man left behind” belongs to the Marines..

Please produce any evidence on the contrary, after the “97” strike... our leadership since Carey has produced apathy among our members. Maybe a change in 2021, we will see...

browned out

WOW. but not really. The current Teamster leadership at the national level is and has been garbage. They are real pieces of work. I hope we as hourlys are all missing something. Hopefully BUG has the inside scoop. Maybe UPS fully funded the UPSF pensions for the next 10-15 years.

Maybe UPS and the Teamsters sold UPSF down the road to secure a 40 hour work week for all RPCDs? Maybe UPS and the IBT agreed to delete the provision in the CBA that states more Saturday 22.4s can be added if needed.......while not addressing laid off Monday RPCDs?

How in the heck could the Teamsters have a Bundles(parcel) semi driver making ~$38+ an hour and a UPSF driver doing basically the same job for ~$33 an hour?

Horrible.

Hopefully, the Hoffa regime is voted out. Hopefully the IBT constitution is amended or changed.

I understand that UPSF and UPS are not under the same CBA.

They are/were under the same company controlled union.

Not surprised by this news in the least.

Garbage.