Ups freight/Bid

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I don’t think you’d like it very much anyway. Package gets more difficult and infuriating by the day.
giphy (56).gif

Awww. You poor baby

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
I have never heard of anyone going from freight to delivery. I thought the freight contract allowed them to go to open feeder spots? Heck, I think most supplements say a feeder driver can't go back to package unless they have previous time there ?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I have never heard of anyone going from freight to delivery. I thought the freight contract allowed them to go to open feeder spots? Heck, I think most supplements say a feeder driver can't go back to package unless they have previous time there ?
Feeder drivers can bid back to package here, if they didn't come from package originally they have to qualify though which would be a long shot for some of these boys.

BrownMonk

Old fart Package Car Driver
Feeder drivers can bid back to package here, if they didn't come from package originally they have to qualify though which would be a long shot for some of these boys.

I understood the original post to say a UPS Freight driver asking to go to a package driver.
"
so can a ups freight driver bid on package delivery openings?
"

so my comment was based on that. My bad if I assumed wrong.

Curt

so anyone that can help straighten this up for me. If your a ups freight driver, you can bid on feeder jobs, seeing as how both require a cdl?

Curt

No according to UPS. UPS Freight drivers are underqualified to be UPS Feeder drivers. I'm sorry.
I think that a little ridiculous.. same requirements, license. Except a freight driver has to have tanker endorsement and haz-mat.
Which makes them more qualified.

542thruNthru

I think that a little ridiculous.. same requirements, license. Except a freight driver has to have tanker endorsement and haz-mat.
Which makes them more qualified.

It's a joke man. UPS Freight and UPS Small Package are technically two different company's. They work under two different contracts as well. So you would have to quit UPS Freight and get hired off the street to be a Feeder driver.