UPS Freight post-employment drug test

hi
i started working at a dock a couple weeks ago
never got pre-employment tested
i dont have a cdl nor am i interested
was wondering if they will do a test during probationary period
it has been 6 weeks since i got laid off and stopped smoking.

i know no one agrees wit this but i just want an honest opinion

Orion Syndicate

90% or lose a limb. (limb is user choice!)
Don't know about freight dock but small package unless you're a feeder driver or you're a package car driver who had a tier 3 accident you won't ever get another drug test unless they think your inebriated during your shift.

Sent using BrownCafe App

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Why worry? if you dont do drugs or take prescription medicine that isnt prescribed for you, then you would have nothing to worry about.

But, since you seem worried, that "suggests" you do have something to worry about.

TOS.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why worry? if you dont do drugs or take prescription medicine that isnt prescribed for you, then you would have nothing to worry about.

But, since you seem worried, that "suggests" you do have something to worry about.

TOS.

Perhaps you should read a bit more closely. The OP stated that it has been 6 weeks since he last smoked.

I wonder if the OP realizes that THC can be detected in a hair sample for up to 6 months after one stops using.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Perhaps you should read a bit more closely. The OP stated that it has been 6 weeks since he last smoked.

I wonder if the OP realizes that THC can be detected in a hair sample for up to 6 months after one stops using.

I wonder if the OP realizes that if he shaves his whole body that a hair test is irrelevant?

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
images-11.jpeg

Yes i do understand this, and you have to grow up sometime. People realize they make a mistake sometimes it is too late. I knew i wouldn't get serious answers but I figured I'd give it a shot.

PT Car Washer

I quit smoking 6 weeks ago and don't plan to anymore, waste of money. I'm just a nervous wreck about messing up even though its been awhile.
I think you will be fine. Cost a lot of money to drug test every employee and if they don't have to they won't. Just stay straight for your own best interest. After 6 weeks I don't believe you would cross the threshold level to disqualify you if there was a test.

I quit smoking 6 weeks ago and don't plan to anymore, waste of money. I'm just a nervous wreck about messing up even though its been awhile.
It's going to take a long time to get it out of you. It stays in hair for a long time. I'd quit if I were you. If ups reasonable cause tests you you are done. Do things that are legal.

I think you will be fine. Cost a lot of money to drug test every employee and if they don't have to they won't. Just stay straight for your own best interest. After 6 weeks I don't believe you would cross the threshold level to disqualify you if there was a test.
I made a decision to stay straight 6 weeks ago because i finally learned it wasn't worth it. It took me a long time and I've heard it can stay in your system awhile so i just wanted to settle my mind down. I was just really surprised that they didn't. Thanks for the response.

PT Car Washer

It's going to take a long time to get it out of you. It stays in hair for a long time. I'd quit if I were you. If ups reasonable cause tests you you are done. Do things that are legal.
Get real Bo. If UPS went to that level UPS would not have enough PTers to run the sorts. UPS can not find enough people now. I agree with quitting. Smoking dope will only hold you back.

Harry Manback

Robot Extraordinaire

They aren't springing for hair, blood, or spinal fluid testing. Provided OP isn't a fatty (I heard THC clings to fat cells), 6 weeks is plenty of time to not piss "hot".

OP mentioned once already, he's ready for a lifestyle change. I think he's good.

Sent using a Potato