UPS Freight Update (10/25/18)

DirtySouth

UPS Freight Contract Update - UPS Rising

Sample picket sign language and picket line instructions will also be forwarded to all UPS Freight local unions for use in the event you reject the LBFO. It is important to note that any strike against UPS Freight is directed only at UPS Freight and not against UPS parcel or any other UPS entity.

You gotta be :censored2:ing kidding me, right? If UPS Freight strikes, picket lines won't be extended to package operations.

Does the NNC understand that the UPS freight members are already getting killed with subcontracting and UPS has a good shot at breaking a strike if the lines don't get extended?

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
UPS Freight Contract Update - UPS Rising

You gotta be :censored2:ing kidding me, right? If UPS Freight strikes, picket lines won't be extended to package operations.

Does the NNC understand that the UPS freight members are already getting killed with subcontracting and UPS has a good shot at breaking a strike if the lines don't get extended?

Hate to say it but it looks like they are gonna call your bluff

Hope it works out

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
Why would they ?

The picket lines would be at UPS freight facilities.

What do you think would happen if they went on strike but UPS moved all their decent tractors over to parcel for peak season.

Would the union allow/force us to driver their tractors?

DirtySouth

Why would they ?

The picket lines would be at UPS freight facilities.

It's a pretty sad state of affairs that you feel the need to ask that question.

Definition of solidarity
: unity (as of a group or class) that produces or is based on community of interests, objectives, and standards

Our contracts expire on the same day for a reason.

UPS is already killing the freight members with subcontracting.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
We called it other Brothers & Sisters for a reason. They got as little Brown on. I had a few Freight go out their way to speak during mutual stops at the same business. Freight Strikes UPS...we should all Strike them mofos. Bump the leadership if they are not listening to the ones who cares to vote.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
We call each other Brothers & Sisters for a reason. Freight wears alittle Brown. I had a few Freight Bros go out their way to speak during mutual stops at the same business. Freight Strikes UPS...we should all Strike them mofos. Bump the union leadership if they are not listening to the ones who cared to vote.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
We call each other Brothers & Sisters for a reason. Freight wears alittle Brown. I had a few Freight Bros go out their way to speak during mutual stops at the same business. Freight Strikes UPS...we should all Strike them mofos. Bump the union leadership if they are not listening to the ones who cared to vote.
You go right ahead and strike. Let me know how it works out for you.. thanks in advance.

Wontmake9.5

My job is fun
You thinking about crossing a picket line?

Let me know how it works out for you

:censored2: off in advance
Not crossing anything because there will never be a strike. Please tell me how you are going to strike when the contract got ratified? Go ahead I’ll wait.. oh and one more thing thanks in advance.

cachmeifucan

Ups freight and 705 should strike on black Friday. Can't wait until they call strike authorization vote Should be Nov 17th it's a general membership meeting. Or they might push the vote to the 10th because local election ballots are due in late November.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
It sounds like the Freight members will have to go down to their local union halls and vote in person. The International is counting on a less than 50 percent participation or a less than 75 percent no vote. If the formula worked with UPS Package division of course use it on the Freight people and the rest of the unsettled package supplements..

It will be interesting to see what happens..:rolleyes:

cachmeifucan

It sounds like the Freight members will have to go down to their local union halls and vote in person. The International is counting on a less than 50 percent participation or a less than 75 percent no vote. If the formula worked with UPS Package division of course use it on the Freight people and the rest of the unsettled package supplements..

It will be interesting to see what happens..:rolleyes:
It won't work because freight is full time employee and they all have cars and they saw what happened to the national ups will cave as soon as it hits national media.